Goswick: Scotland v England (5)

SS2

Tour Rookie
scoresaver.co.uk
I've now got complete info, including accommodation details, for all players. I've emailed everyone a PDF with all the details. All we need now is for the captains to pick their pairings, Doh and Dodger, it's over to you guys :D

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Can I just hijack this thread with a request. This meeting is going to feature in golf monthly on the forum pages and so I will need as many pictures as possible, a breakdown of match results for each day and ideally a couple of you to give me a report on the weekend. If you could use real names and then the relevant username that would be great.

Please forward everything you have to golfmonthlyforum@yahoo.co.uk as soon after the event as possible and I'll pull somthing together for the forum pages.

Doh

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
England Pairings for the Friday have been done and player's informed.

Imo2 has been speaking to dodger about mixing the pairings so every group has at least got one person who has played the course before.

B

birdieman

I hope you guys are playing this match on a scratch basis, handicaps should have nothing to do with a game of this magnitude??

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Homer I spoke to MikeH a few weeks back and he gave me the instructions re write up of report,pictures etc so don't worry all is in hand,half of it is written already,just need to have the results and the game reports,pictures and a few bits and bobs and it is sorted.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Can we now use this thread for general banter! I am so excited about this I almost wee when I talk about it haha :D

Really looking forward to it. Hope we are blessed with good weather. And I agree it should be England vs Scotland.

Received PDF this morning Andy many thanks great work.

Anyone planned the drinking session? What about Englands victory party?

O don't worry aswell guys I have the early morning wake up calls in order :D

SS2

Tour Rookie
scoresaver.co.uk
What about Englands victory party?

What about the Victory party? I hope you have obtained the champagne on a sale-or-return basis just in case...

England v Scotland or Scotland v England: Well, I suppose the former is strictly correct given that we are playing on your turf.

Am I going to modify my signature graphic to reflect this? No !

SS2

Tour Rookie
scoresaver.co.uk
I hope you guys are playing this match on a scratch basis, handicaps should have nothing to do with a game of this magnitude??

England team average handicap: 12.3
(2,9,9,10,11,12,13,14,18,25)

Scotland team average handicap 10.1
(2,6,9,10,11,11,11,13,13,15)

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
I am actually driving to daves and leaving my car there. Then jumping in with him.

I wonder if it would make sense for me to pass you onthe way rick and we could just convoy up alongwith anyone else who we pass.

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm trying to remain calm and unexcited about the match..... because I usually play like a twit when I build up my expectations.....but I can't help myself. It is sure to be an epic, either way. I'm looking forward to this one more than all the other meets so far. I've even taken the Thursday off for a wee practice!

Are we being told the teams on the day, Dodger?

DCB

Visit site
Here's hoping that the weather improves a bit before the big event. This cold and snowy weather is beginning to get a bit too much !

It will be just our luck to turnup at a links course and find it closed from snow !

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
Tony,

I do happen to have a spare St George's flag that could just find it's way onto my car.

This weather is so frustrating, I just want to be out there practising.

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm trying to remain calm and unexcited about the match..... because I usually play like a twit when I build up my expectations.....but I can't help myself. It is sure to be an epic, either way. I'm looking forward to this one more than all the other meets so far. I've even taken the Thursday off for a wee practice!

Are we being told the teams on the day, Dodger?

What little golf i've played the last 2 months has been played like a tw@t so don't worry about it.

I figured we would be the underdogs before SS2 posted the H/cap average. Now I believe it, and prefer it that way.
Most of you skirt wearing, whiskey drinking, red heads :D have played together before and the course also ;)
I will try to remain composed right up to the last put dropping by the first pair out on the 10th green on the second day for a resounding whitewash :eek:

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
Come on, Vig,. Get it right. It's "whisky" not "whiskey".

And I have a solution to the first tee nerves. It's called a hipflask of rusty nail.....and this.....

Golfer_Big_Driver.jpg

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
I do appologise for the mis-spelling. :eek: God my mates dad wouldn't speak to me again if he thought i'd done that.

I was there one new year and my choice of drinks was ......................................................... Whisky!. He poured me a tumbler full and told me he would be insulted if I didn't finish it. This was about 4 in the morning after already partaking a skinfull.

Where do I get that driver from. That could be the answer to my prayers :D