Gortex.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Good quality gortex can be refreshed by washing in Nikwax....makes a big difference. Then a warm spin in the tumble drier

I prefer Gortex but any waterproof kit is only as good as how it’s looked after. My golf and ski kit gets re-proofed by HID every year. I find it strange when folks send a fair few scheckles on good kit and fail to look after it.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I don’t know if proquip are any good but Golf support have a late Black Friday sale on.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Nope £10, two bottles of washing solution and even a rewaterproofing spray

same as this but mine is a bigger box https://www.clickgolf.co.uk/product/apparel-care-kit[/QUOTE

Out of interest is their an ingredients label on the wash liquid

I used to use this for washing and proofing but now only use the proofing product. I prefer to let a washing machine do the work

https://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/159965...VYIBQBh2gOQopEAYYBCABEgLTdPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

I bought the largest bottle of the proofing liquid some years ago.

richbeech

Hacker
Visit site
I may be a bit naive but I'm quite surprised to hear so many stories of GG not been the best and leaking. I've got two GG jackets and 1 pair of trousers and all three have been awesome so far. In fact I would say I've given them some proper tests and two outings in particular where it absolutely belted it down for the whole 5 hours we were out and I remained dry.

I think my neck got a little damp from where the water was running down my neck but I don't see how that can be avoided in those conditions and the very bottom edge of of my jumper got wet from where it was rubbing against my trousers but other than that I was fine.

I don't wash my GG, I don't want to take the risk of damaging the goretex. I don't wear the trousers in winter unless it’s at a links course so they don’t tend to get that muddy. If they do I just wipe them down with a damp cloth as soon as I get home. And I look after the jackets and don’t go rummaging through brambles in them or just leave them scrunched up in my bag or the back of the car all year. I carry plenty of towels and keep myself as clean as possible during the round.

Maybe I’ve been lucky but can’t fault mine so far. I acknowledge that they are expensive though and that there are other garments out there now that are probably as good for less money. If you shop around you can drop on, one of my jackets I got for £100 less than it should have been.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Goretex is not delicate. Just wash in in nikwax or even a tiny amount of non-biological powder.
Ideally tumble dry or iron to refresh the water repellency.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site