Golfing Nicknames

Robobum

Money List Winner
Visit site
A bloke who has done everything you talk about bigger and better is called "eleven".........

Because if you've been to Tenerife, he's been to.............you get the picture

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
A bloke who has done everything you talk about bigger and better is called "eleven".........

Because if you've been to Tenerife, he's been to.............you get the picture

A chap I used to play with was known as Topper due to his affliction of being able to top anything anyone else had seen or done...
Sometimes we'd have a bit of fun inventing things we'd seen or done to egg him on a bit... Bit juvenile but boys can be like that can't we?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Not golfing nicknames but ones.from the cricket club I played at.
We had 2 sets of 3 brothers.
One set had Al, Goeff and Roger - Al was known as "A's", Geoff was "A'sB's" (Al's Brother) and Roger was "A'sO'sB's (Al's other Brother).
We also had Ian, Andy and Pete Price, known as Full Price, Half Price and Sale Price...

Shiny

Head Pro
Visit site
My last club had a chap we all called morphine. He was a slow acting dope. I think 20 seconds to sort his grip out, 20 seconds to sort his aim out and then 30 seconds to stand still over his shot before topping it down the fairway was a quick shot for him. Even the greenkeepers once said they would have to follow him round as the grass grew quicker than he played.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Not so much in golf but plenty in Cricket terms, to follow on from IMurgs brothers, we had the family of Hunts, known to one and all as Waddock, Isaac and Eusuch

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
We have loads, but I like the ones the kitchen staff gave to two friends of mine. Ginger bloke, and ginger blokes mate. Classic.

6inchcup

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
we had an elderly chap at the club who had the nickname of CHINNY and for the life of me never knew why, he didn't have a protruding chin or anything resembling a facial disfigurement,i played in a four ball with him and his mate and casually asked his mate why he was called chinny,his mate laughed as he said it was a newish name as he claims he had played golf for that long he had hit more balls than elton johns chin,made me chuckle.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
We've got a guy we call Tourettes as the moment he steps on the 1st tee he swears like a trouper yet in the 19th he speaks eloquently. Not a nickname as such but Hawkeye has coined his own catchphrase "**** off Stannard" You can tell when he is having a bad one as you can be three or four holes away and hear it resonating across the course

D

Deleted Member 1156

We have a lot of deer on our course. One of my regular partners is The Deerhunter as he spends more time in the woods than the fairway. There was a guy at my previous club who had a mangled ear, he was known as 18 months as in one and a half (y)ears.

Andy808

Tour Winner
Visit site
A guy I play with has the surname "fiddler". We tried to nickname him Kiddie, but he really didn't like it and we haven't seen him for a while.

We have a chap at our place who has also picked up the nickname Kiddie as his surname is Vidler.
We have anothe bloke called biggles as he tripped over a low fence, placed to stop people slipping over, slipping 3 times then taking flight before shattering his collar bone.
Another bloke is called Adolf after he went to Saunton in a pro-Am and took 26 shots to get out of a greenside bunker. After several failed attempts he playd out the back of the bunker, 2 shots to do this mind, but realised he liked it so much in the bunker chipped straight back in again.
My nickname is Animal as I can outdrive anyone at the club but it can be a little wayward but that's getting better too.

S

Snelly

A guy I know is a little infirm and has one of those golf scooters that seat one and you fasten your clubs to the back. His nickname?

"Wheels." Not quite sure why I find it so funny but I do....