Adjustable Drivers

Ridgeman

Visit site
Just how much difference does adjusting a driver actually make?

I have been fiddling with my rogue settings. I shouldn't but I have. For the life of me setting it at +2 driver with draw or -1 at specified appears to make zero difference either to the way the club sits at address or indeed where my ball ends up.

I know the shaft can make a difference as I was also trying out different versions of those. Extra stiff bad idea as the club head was still a mile behind me when it should have been hitting the ball. Senior shalf equatted to Mr Whippy. The current
TENSEI CK SERIES 50 BLUE DRIVER SHAFT / REGULAR FLEX

designed to keep the flight low is flying higher than ever.

You would think after 50+ years of golfing I may have got at least part of the way to understanding it all.

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
In my experience the shaft makes more difference than anything else. Loft adjustment has an effect too, but not so much. On my particular driver the fade / draw slider does nothing. However the weight which slides backwards & forwards affects spin & trajectory. Drivers which open & close the face are useless, you can get the same effect by changing your grip.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I think the point of adjustable clubs was to benefit the fitter and to make changes easier rather than for the user to tinker.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thought the Blue was mid launch mid spin .
Orange is slightly lower .
The White is the low spin one.

I think on a robot they might see some changes in flight.
But in us mere mortals it’s very subjective.

Treeman42069

Visit site
If you're swinging inconsistently then it probably wont make much difference, and it certainly wont cure a slice or a hook. However if you're a half decent ball striker then its possible to tweak the flight of the ball. Lofting down which opens the face helped me hit a more consistent fade back when I was a better player, but after a several year hiatus I'm no more likely to miss it right than I am left!

Lump

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have the Titleist which uses a similar adapter and I can see the difference. However all though mine is set at upright I really do not think lie makes much difference in a driver.

In the CK series it is the orange which is the Low flight shaft.

https://www.mca-golf.com/products/ck-pro-orange
That’s the pro series. The standard CK shafts are a little different.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have the Titleist which uses a similar adapter and I can see the difference. However all though mine is set at upright I really do not think lie makes much difference in a driver.

In the CK series it is the orange which is the Low flight shaft.

https://www.mca-golf.com/products/ck-pro-orange
The lie on a driver can just tweak your strike point a little.
But because the ball is on a tee it’s not that important.
But will be if you like hitting it off the deck.

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
The big problem is most players really do not understand how the adjustments really work and how to use them to your advantage. MY old shot was a nice subtle draw, but my bad shot was a big pull. Put them together and it would go sailing to the left never to be seen again. I had the loft at standard with the weights forward to knock spin off it as I have a lot of dynamic loft. So my pro told me one day to set it to a fade bias and learn to play with a fade, also he got me to loft it down opening the face up and move the weights back. Did not lose any distance and started to find more fairways. Now my bad shot of a pull might start it left but the fade fights it keeping it in play.

I think the point I am trying to make and I did not understand, is that you have to use the settings together to make a change. Making 1 extreme movement of the settings will not normally help you. Move the weights back and spin increases, but so does forgiveness. Loft it down and the spin gets reduced. So moving the 2 together will compliment each other.

rksquire

Head Pro
Visit site
I have an adjustable driver, it's on a draw setting (natural shot shape is a fade / slice), with weights adjusted to keep the spin as low as possible. This is based purely on theory - I am neither consistent enough or patient enough to conduct the proper experiment to see if it would make any difference. I had a fitting last year and didn't change, neutral settings on other drivers had the same flight but the shaft change did seem to make a difference to my dispersion and if anything that might be where it's worth experimenting (for me anyway).