Golf Things That Gladden The Heart

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
About time isn't it? It was nice to play my course yesterday without a 20mph cross-breeze for the first time in several months.
Yup with you on that. Though I played rubbish yesterday it was nice playing my course in calm conditions, and so without a stiff breeze swirling all over the place confusing the heck out of me every shot…seems months since the last calm day.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Finding out the the new TM stealth driver is a hunk of junk so I’ll be keeping my rogue in the bag and saving myself a few hundred £’s

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Went up to the practice area before work this morning and sorted the 3w issue from the weekend
The club are doing hollow tining & doing the practice greens this morning, so no putting practice but interesting to watch and wish I could've stayed longer

(what is the collective noun for greenkeepers, there must've been 15+ just doing the tining across three greens, is it a 'swarm')

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Went up to the practice area before work this morning and sorted the 3w issue from the weekend
The club are doing hollow tining & doing the practice greens this morning, so no putting practice but interesting to watch and wish I could've stayed longer

(what is the collective noun for greenkeepers, there must've been 15+ just doing the tining across three greens, is it a 'swarm')
A perforation.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
About time isn't it? It was nice to play my course yesterday without a 20mph cross-breeze for the first time in several months.

My course has its own micro climate is seems

No wind predicted today but because we near the Thames there will be a chance a breeze picks up

Played last week, lovely day then a wind decided to come to play.

sjw

Visit site
My course has its own micro climate is seems

No wind predicted today but because we near the Thames there will be a chance a breeze picks up

Played last week, lovely day then a wind decided to come to play.
Last couple of rounds I've had, it's seemed like the breeze, although light, is blowing in a different direction every shot.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Greens looking good even after their 140mm verti-draining and scarifying of last few days immediately following the Club Champs…testament to a good many years excellent work on them by the greens teams. Today was greens seeding with fine bent grass (3rd of year), top dressing (eighth) and brushing. Greens team are expecting a rapid return to an excellent playing surface, all being well with the September weather.

Reactions: sjw

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site

Buckles01

Visit site
So proud of my Dad. He was the inspiration for me take up this crazy game at the age of 48 after seeing how active he is after playing for over 40 years. Over the last few years he’s had hip problems that have really effected his game, but also perhaps understandably his ability to compete. Last October finally the time for a hip replacement came at the age of 80 with the associated recuperation. Remarkably he now maintains a handicap of 13, has the ability to drive 230 yards. This week he has closed the season with not one but two board competition wins. Proud does not do it justice…. Well done Dad 👏🏻👏🏻