Golf Things That Gladden The Heart

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Not sure it fits here, but to distract from waiting for a -ve covid test, the rain bouncing off the windows, and from looking at shiny things on the internet - have re-gripped two hybrids and a putter.

Of course, I reserve the right to transfer this to an irritation should a club with a nearly new grip on subsequently be replaced ?

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Not sure it fits here, but to distract from waiting for a -ve covid test, the rain bouncing off the windows, and from looking at shiny things on the internet - have re-gripped two hybrids and a putter.

Of course, I reserve the right to transfer this to an irritation should a club with a nearly new grip on subsequently be replaced ?
Nooooo. Replacing grips is a mindfulness technique surely!

old covid tests definitely seem hit and miss by the way. I’ve had the symptoms and aftermath of last time I had covid and tested negative. New strains I guess.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Two women in front dobbing in the two blokes that tried to sneak on the course at the 10th today. They slowed everyone up massively. They subsequently got kicked off after the 12th and the game speeded back up.

Gave her praise in the car park as we’ve paid our fee and booked in advance. The course was absolutely rammed so I reckon they couldn’t get a tee time.

Whereditgo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played in the club drawn Xmas Scramble over the break. One of the guys in our group will be 90 in March, still playing 3 times a week, he doesn't hit it very far, but still has a decent short game and he drained a couple of long putts to keep us in the hunt!

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
There's more...
Fragger looking at a gap about 5 yards wide between trees for his next shot, hitting one of said trees and ending up going sideways.....
When he's just missed a fairway 40 yards wide....:LOL:

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Hitting a punch shot into our par 3 11 in what can only be described as a hurricane to 2 foot then getting the birdie for a £35 2!

Visit site
Gloat alert!

Email from Saunton just now inviting me to a new member morning and comp in a few weeks! Might venture down for a game on Sunday if the weather picks up a bit. :)

This gloat instils tremendous jealousy - also reminds me, did you ever divulge how long you sat on the waiting list?

Only using it as an indication to what Burnham & Berrow might be like. I know someone who joined St Enodoc about 5 years ago, he had been waiting about 13 years or something silly.

Sadly I sent a very polite email enquiring about a rough idea of waiting list times (and when they may open it up to applications again) and had no response which is a little disappointing.