Golf Things That Gladden The Heart

D

Deleted member 35577

All the winter graft is coming together nicely. Swing is feeling solid, short game has been tightened up, putting is generally solid. 2 over yesterday on greens that have just been worked on this week, good surfaces I'd have expected to go under par. Roll on start of the season 😁

mister v

Visit site
the swing tips my 16 year old son has had me working on over the past few months were put into practice on the course yesterday and the difference was like night and day, i cant wait to practice up the range tonight and play next week!! this could be the year!

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
A chap at our club has taken it upon himself to create a new golf society, considering he's done it all himself in a short space of time the schedule for 2024 is actually pretty decent!

First event is this coming Sunday at a localish track that I really enjoyed when I played it a couple of years ago and there's a fair few places on my "to play" list from the surrounding areas to Worcester. Longest travel time is around an hour...

Very happy that this has come around as I'm usually the organiser of my group of mates and it proves quite hard getting everyone to commit to future dates etc. This means I can do a few of these days and no work for me either!

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
A chap at our club has taken it upon himself to create a new golf society, considering he's done it all himself in a short space of time the schedule for 2024 is actually pretty decent!

First event is this coming Sunday at a localish track that I really enjoyed when I played it a couple of years ago and there's a fair few places on my "to play" list from the surrounding areas to Worcester. Longest travel time is around an hour...

Very happy that this has come around as I'm usually the organiser of my group of mates and it proves quite hard getting everyone to commit to future dates etc. This means I can do a few of these days and no work for me either!

I'm the organising in my group, really lucky that they give me complete autonomy and pay without hesitation when asked. Nothing worse than a flaky bunch

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
I'm the organising in my group, really lucky that they give me complete autonomy and pay without hesitation when asked. Nothing worse than a flaky bunch

My best mate would, the rest of them are useless. Makes me want to organise trips less but then I also miss out on all the trips :ROFLMAO:

Id really like to find a group that do an abroad trip once a year to bolt onto as well, I see people get some silly deals at times but honestly id never take the burden or organising my mates for one!

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
My best mate would, the rest of them are useless. Makes me want to organise trips less but then I also miss out on all the trips :ROFLMAO:

Id really like to find a group that do an abroad trip once a year to bolt onto as well, I see people get some silly deals at times but honestly id never take the burden or organising my mates for one!
You need to find the more reliable ones and do a breakaway group. Just do a 4ball that's what I do.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
This all day long, I took over the running of the Xmas do when “ Dangerous Brian” retired.He warned me of late payers and chasing them up. The first year I spent ages chasing only him up for the money for the Xmas do. Eventually he paid up. He told me he is “ always the last to pay” so he knows how many is going when he books it. Er you tit, it’s not you booking it anymore.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Just booked to play 18 holes, that cost more than my first car!

Ok, it was an expensive round, but the car was a rusty 15 year old Hillman Marina, bought in 1984! :)
Missis Ts first car was a Marina, there was loads of room in the back 🤭