Golf Things That Gladden The Heart

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just got back from a golf trip in Scotland with @moogie @Wayman and a lad called Jeff, we played Craigielaw, Dunbar, Gullane 3 and finally Goswick.
Brilliant time was had by all, some great golf, some awful golf, some great weather, some horrendous weather and maybe a few too many pints on our day off yesterday 🤣
Bring on next year 👌

ExRabbit

Club Champion
Visit site
Got my GoKart back from a service today ready for the new season - just need this rain to do one now!
Won't be trying it out tomorrow - course closed Friday (due to danger of killing ducks swimming on one of the fairways) and Saturday competition cancelled - course is open, but it shouldn't be.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Trying hard to not get too carried away with prospect of ‘our Lottie’ (Woad) playing tomorrow and Thursday at Augusta Champions Retreat (which itself looks stunning), hopefully making the cut after 36 holes there to play final round of the Augusta National Women’s Amateur over Augusta National itself on Saturday. Looking to improve on her 13th place of last year, but first she has to make the cut. I believe the winner gets invitation entry into 6 women’s pro majors over the next year…plus if she stays amateur, five years invitation into the ANWA - now that’s majorly worth winning.

Yes I know that lots of clubs have, or have had, successful players coming through the ranks from being a junior member to a successful amateur, and into the pro ranks…so though not particularly special in the great scheme of things, it’s just lovely when it’s happening with someone in your own club.

Just hope she doesn’t let herself down…she’s very hard on herself. Our club is already immensely proud of what she’s already achieved.

My daughter’s partner is her coach (and has been since Lottie started playing the game when she was 7) and is out there to support, our daughter pretty excited.

Highlights of first two rounds are on Sky tomorrow and Thursday evenings, plus some live on Saturday.

Last edited:

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Trying hard to not get too carried away with prospect of ‘our Lottie’ (Woad) playing tomorrow and Thursday at Augusta Champions Retreat (which itself looks stunning), hopefully making the cut after 36 holes there to play final round of the Augusta National Women’s Amateur over Augusta National itself on Saturday. Looking to improve on her 13th place of last year, but first she has to make the cut. I believe the winner gets invitation entry into 6 women’s pro majors over the next year…plus if she stays amateur, five years invitation into the ANWA - now that’s majorly worth winning.

Yes I know that lots of clubs have, or have had, successful players coming through the ranks from being a junior member to a successful amateur, and into the pro ranks…so though not particularly special in the great scheme of things, it’s just lovely when it’s happening with someone in your own club.

Just hope she doesn’t let herself down…she’s very hard on herself. Our club is already immensely proud of what she’s already achieved.

My daughter’s partner is her coach (and has been since Lottie started playing the game when she was 7) and is out there to support, our daughter pretty excited.

Highlights of first two rounds are on Sky tomorrow and Thursday evenings, plus some live on Saturday.

Well she's got off to a nice start in the 1st round👍

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site

She’s currently being interviewed, leading the way after a great round in tough conditions it seems.