Golf Things That Gladden The Heart

sunshine

Visit site
Fog and frost delay first thing, but the sun shone through by 10am and it was a lovely morning for golf. Really enjoyed getting out there, even though it was boggy.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
We had our annual inter roll up group match on Saturday. The group I run against another group that plays at the weekend. They are younger than ours and will be the future of the weekend roll ups in years to come. We did then 5.5-2.5 in the inaugural match last year. They had a much stronger side this time but age and experience triumphed again by the same score

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Surely pick and place so no problem?
This was about 2ft from the fairway so I couldn’t.

Also, not sure why I put this in the happy discussion not the irritation one 🤦‍♂️

I did hit the shot out of the divot on to the front of the green though 😀

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Could end up in the irritation thread in a couple months when she has zero interest. but as the girls keep asking to putt.. ive picked up eldest just a set of 3 clubs and a bag second hand on ebay for £40

should do her until shes 9 ish.. (shes 7 this year) so couple years to see if she actually likes golf..

she gets half day fridays so if im off we can pop down the range for an hour before her sisters get home

sunshine

Visit site
Could end up in the irritation thread in a couple months when she has zero interest. but as the girls keep asking to putt.. ive picked up eldest just a set of 3 clubs and a bag second hand on ebay for £40

should do her until shes 9 ish.. (shes 7 this year) so couple years to see if she actually likes golf..

she gets half day fridays so if im off we can pop down the range for an hour before her sisters get home

This set was enough to encourage my 3 daughters to pick up a club

1709164055022.png

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Having Top Tracer at the range so we can still have a fun competition for our winter group when the course is closed for water and snow

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site

Golfmates have done a review of my first club, Alnmouth Village GC. A smashing 9 holer on the coast. He liked it! Anyone watching and being a little scornful of the distances, the tees are much shorter in winter. The first goes back to 190-200yds come April 1st for example.

Not as glamorous as many courses in the area but brilliant in winter for drainage and very well kept.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Had a lesson this morning.

I was shanking my irons for some reason. Rest of bag was fine

Quick adjustment and my slight draw flight had returned

Then we moved onto my 4 wood which he adjusted to be the setting he would have fit me for

I had a grip on me, he threw it on the club for free

What a guy

D-S

Visit site
I just scored over 80% in my Level 2 Rules exam. First exam I've taken in nearly 40 years and was slightly dreading it.

The process, seminar and exam, as well as seeing them showing us practical examples, has significantly increased my admiration of referees and the job they do.

Red devil

Visit site

Golfmates have done a review of my first club, Alnmouth Village GC. A smashing 9 holer on the coast. He liked it! Anyone watching and being a little scornful of the distances, the tees are much shorter in winter. The first goes back to 190-200yds come April 1st for example.

Not as glamorous as many courses in the area but brilliant in winter for drainage and very well kept.
Just watched it. A little belter,and what a location!

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Forgot to post this

After school Friday (half day Fridays if we choose) took eldest for her first range session

75 balls between us, I hit about ,25

To be fair she was awful 😂 but I went for have fun approach rather than do it like this too much

Once we had used all the balls (didn't take long) we ordered a hot chocolate, went on putting green (that failed because it was cold so we left) but she had fun and I'll try again this Friday as I'm off

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I did exactly the same with grandaughter last year when she was 7. Don’t ask me how, but I put the ball on the rubber tee making it easier to hit. She nailed a few, then She got right under it. The ball flew up and hit her between the eyes. She let out a squeal and won’t play anymore coz golf is “dangerous”.😖