Golf Shoes - Which brands to look at?

KhalJimbo

Head Pro
Visit site
Howdy

So I've got myself a cheap pair of Dunlop Shoes from SportsDirect for £30 which are fine, but are not the most comfortable pair of shoes. After a long walk around a course I can start feeling the pain a bit.

What brands are good. What I'm looking for is essentially a trainer with golf spikes. Pretty much all the ones I have seen are what I'd call bowling shoes. I like the look of the Oakley shoes so far but they are quite hard to come by and are quite expensive too. The Nike ones look similar to what I'm after too. So what are you guys using and what comes recommended?

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Howdy

So I've got myself a cheap pair of Dunlop Shoes from SportsDirect for £30 which are fine, but are not the most comfortable pair of shoes. After a long walk around a course I can start feeling the pain a bit.

What brands are good. What I'm looking for is essentially a trainer with golf spikes. Pretty much all the ones I have seen are what I'd call bowling shoes. I like the look of the Oakley shoes so far but they are quite hard to come by and are quite expensive too. The Nike ones look similar to what I'm after too. So what are you guys using and what comes recommended?

IMHO opinion, always but the previous seasons version, they change hardly at all and you will save a fortune!!

As an example - 2013 AdiZeros were £120 RRP, early 2014 you could get them for c. £45!

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
but to actually answer your question, i have found pretty much all of the more expensive shoes comfortable. My Footjoys are brilliant at the moment, but i previously always used Adidas, they were also great.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Adizeros for me too. Starting to prefer the trainer style over shoe as they tend to bend with my feet better and feel lighter. They seem half a size smaller than my regular nikes etc though.

Stegsie

Head Pro
Visit site
I bought a pair of Footjoy Aqua Tours last year and they have been brilliant! Even during proper torrential rain and mud my feet have remained dry. Can't recommend them enough.

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I wear Footjoy DNA which are fantastically comfy. Only had them a few months so can't comment on durability.

However my preference is for more classic looking shoes.

Got my eye on a pair of Callaway brogues

Black leather with a blue sole.

Smart as a guardsman with these on I reckon.

D

Deleted member 1147

I now tend to look at Nike & Puma, I've found both to be very comfortable this past couple of seasons.
I got some cheap black Nikes about 5 winters ago and they are still waterproof and in good shape.
My Lunar's are about 4 years old and now the linings are wearing thin but they've been very well worn.
The Puma's are the casual/street style and I wore them all summer and were very comfy (for playing and driving).

SAPCOR1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Try some on and see what feels best on your feet. For me it is (nearly) always adidas and as they have 4/5 new models out in January you should be able to pick up some great bargains

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Never found footjoys that fit, last few pairs of Adidas been poor quality (few years ago now), tend to buy Puma these days, under rated shoes and very comfortable for me

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Footjoy Hydrolites are the most comfy shoes I have worn in a number if years. Been out in some reallh wet weather and as the name suggests, waterproofing is excellent while remaining light and comfortable.

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
Horses for courses but my Eccos streets are ridiculously comfortable. And my Biom Hybrids are even beter. And I'd agree with whoever said to get the previous years versions and save a few quid as very little will change with shoes.

Lump

Tour Winner
Visit site
Big adidas fan, they are snug fresh from the box but once they give I've yet to come across a better fitting shoe for me. I have a set of Nike Lunar Control 2's inbound, but I have 7 pairs of adidas golf shoes going back to the original Adipures.