Golf Shoes - Which brands to look at?

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Having got fed up with FJ's only lasting around 18 months and thats with them being being looked after, I have gone to Ecco Biom Hybrids. Very comfortable and amazingly grippy, and no less grippy than my spiked FJ's in the mud.

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I ware footjoys for playing. Really good to ware and last a good while.

I also ware a pair of Nike swingtips for general ware. Really comfy and not too expensive. Probs can be picked up cheap. I got mine at the Nike factory store for £25.

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
It's a very personal thing but for me, golf shoes=Footjoy. I do have a pair of Pumas which are fine now broken in but nowhere near as comfortable as any of the footjoys I have.

The only way to really know is to get some on your feet and find out.

Franco

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I bought a pair of Puma Spark over a year ago for around £60. I play four times a week and I have walked well over 1000 miles in them. They are still waterproof and have always been very comfortable.

Grantley1988

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Footjoy DNA are very comfy but the sole started to peel away on mine so got them sent back. Not great considering they were £139. Adizero are very comfy and are cheap but not great on greens.

Im currently using footjoy dryjoy casuals and they are excellent. The best shoes I have bought. Really comfy and lots of grip. I'm going to end up with a few variations of colours!

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
After having my feet ripped to shreds by a pair of Adidas, and my toes crushed by a pair of Nikes, I only ever buy Footjoy shoes now.
I am confident enough in their sizing to buy a pair anywhere and know that they will fit me perfectly.
The only other brand that tempts me are Ecco's but yet to try them.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Footjoy Contours, with BOA lacing. On my 4th pair now. I have occasionally strayed but I've always ended up back with FJ's.

hines57

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Adidas Tour 360 are extremely comfortable as are FJ Dryjoys.

Same as previously said - go for last year's model for a good price!