Golf shoe advice

dufferman

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hi all,

I recently asked about best price for MyJoys, but I just cannot bring myself to spend over £180 for a single pair of golf shoes... so, whats everyone's thoughts on the best pair of golf shoes, for under £100?

I've had Adizero's and hated them, they ripped my feet to shreds. I've got a pair of Pumas, but they have started to smell which I presume is due to the fact they are not leather, as they are the only pair of shoes I own which smell of damp!!

Thanks!

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
rrp or street price?

huge difference when you include last years models etc

however, shoes are soooooooo personal and fitting soooooooo important that, in general (and taking the above point into account) you really get what you pay for and after that it's what fits.

having said all that I am currently enjoying the Hyperflex enormously - and you can get them for close to your budget. They are almost the opposite to the aidzero in that they come up wide, and are really stable, but still light and flexible.

D

Deleted member 15344

What type ? Spike or spikeless ?

Can't go wrong with Adidas grip more

drew83

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I have had my FJ Grenjoys for over a year, worn in rain, sun, cold, even found a couple of puddles walking from the car park to 1st tee.

they are really really comfy & waterproof. And for £35-40 IMO an absolute steal!!!

Svenska

Assistant Pro
Visit site
FJ AQL's can be had for under £50 brand new on eBay. They are a superb shoe for the price and decent in most conditions. There's some very reasonably priced spikeless as well.

6inchcup

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
another shout for the STUBERT helium range,great fitting,light stylish and most of all COMFY,to me thats what a golf shoe should be doesnt matter what make or cost as long as they fit the bill.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Have to agree that Stuburt are great value. I have pairs of Urban and Urban 2 spikeless and a pair of Sport Lite spiked and all are great shoes. Total bargain as each pair was under £30.00.

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
FootJoy DryJoy Tours are fantastic for the money and can be had for sub-£100.

Having said that, I've ventured away from FootJoy to Ecco and Adidas of late.

Ecco Street and Adizero One.

Both comfortable, especially the Ecco's :thup:

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have FJ Hydrolites that are fabulous shoes (Spiked) and FJ AWD Casual (spikeless) which are also extremely comfortable and fairly light.
Both considerably under £100.

D

Deleted member 1147

I have some Nike Lunar Command for £84 iirc, they are very comfortable and I had no issues wearing them straight from the box.
Just as comfy as the £130 top end Nikes IMHO.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
if you shop around you can still find the odd pair of Ecco Biom Hybrids (last years model) for just under £100. Exceptionally comfortable shoe, well worth finding a pair if you can

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
if you shop around you can still find the odd pair of Ecco Biom Hybrids (last years model) for just under £100. Exceptionally comfortable shoe, well worth finding a pair if you can

What he said.

They are £110 here but if you can get them for less than £100 then invest, I've got a pair and they are the comfiest shoes ever blah blah blah. http://golfdepot.co.uk/brand/ecco

Last edited: