Golf Random Irritations

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
Stood on the 1st tee this morning with a couple of mates for a social game.
"Shall I put in a card? Nah, can't be bothered".
Then had the best round of golf in my life EVER - differential 5.9 (current index 13.5).
Grrr.
(Mind you, I suppose if I HAD been putting in a card, it would probably have been a differential of 25.9)

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Two weeks without playing, weather has been great everyday. Even got an invite this week to play both Skibo and the old course but can't play due to the hand operation last week☹️

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Having my best gross score of the year today, but the card couldn’t go in as it was a pairs comp.

Would have seen me be cut 0.9 down the 10.9.
Had similar, with my best ever score off our competition tees in a pairs comp six weeks ago. Would be around 1.5 lower now.

JGolfer

Visit site
Was playing a round the other day (Very slow), was wearing all golf attire including a golf hoodie (now I know they aren’t for everybody) 4 ball of older fellas in front pulled me up on wearing a hoodie on the golf course and kicking off (I had already spoke to a committee member and the club pro if golf hoodies are allowed and was given the green light) , explained this to them and pulled them up on the fact they had been in multiple bunkers hadn’t raked a single one, saw them take at least 3 divots, did not replace a single one and had not rung the bell for me on the 3 holes that required it.

They still complained about it to the pro who explained golf hoodies are acceptable on the course. Why do some care more about what you wear than looking after the course?

sunshine

Visit site
Was playing a round the other day (Very slow), was wearing all golf attire including a golf hoodie (now I know they aren’t for everybody) 4 ball of older fellas in front pulled me up on wearing a hoodie on the golf course and kicking off (I had already spoke to a committee member and the club pro if golf hoodies are allowed and was given the green light) , explained this to them and pulled them up on the fact they had been in multiple bunkers hadn’t raked a single one, saw them take at least 3 divots, did not replace a single one and had not rung the bell for me on the 3 holes that required it.

They still complained about it to the pro who explained golf hoodies are acceptable on the course. Why do some care more about what you wear than looking after the course?

Because they are twits (polite version)