Golf Random Irritations

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Fed up with it being windy all the time down in sunny Surrey - don't mind, in fact quite enjoy, playing in wind when wind direction consistent - but where we are on the edge of the North Downs and amongst mature trees it swirls all over the place so that most of the time you haven't a clue the direction its coming from. I thought that when pressure was high wind speeds tended to drop. Well not this summer. Just a little random golfing irritation.

D

Deleted member 1147

My random golf irritation is not being fit enough.
After a few years of illness I had restarted my fitness rebuild campaign, only to then injure my back & have my appendix out and a hernia fixed.
So this year I have missed 10 weeks of golf.

Club champs this weekend, 36 holes over 2 days, and I was knackered on the final few holes. hence finishing bogey, bogey, bogey, double, for a 6 over total on day 2.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Irritated that FJ sell these beauties in the USA but not the UK...

View attachment 43564

On the basis that they look like sandals, and most golf clubs I know insist on players wearing socks of some description, those are just inviting the biggest fashion faux pas of all time to golf clubs everywhere.

Sandals and socks. No, no, and thrice no. ?

RichA

Visit site
On the basis that they look like sandals, and most golf clubs I know insist on players wearing socks of some description, those are just inviting the biggest fashion faux pas of all time to golf clubs everywhere.

Sandals and socks. No, no, and thrice no. ?
I'm a fifty-something year old bloke. I value comfort over fashion.
I see a lot of golfers wearing a lot of clothes. I'm not convinced a genuinely fashionable person would be convinced that there was much fashion going on.

Crumplezone

Visit site
I'm a fifty-something year old bloke. I value comfort over fashion.
I see a lot of golfers wearing a lot of clothes. I'm not convinced a genuinely fashionable person would be convinced that there was much fashion going on.

I am also a fifty something old bloke. I also like comfort, but there's a limit. Sandals of any kind at any time are way beyond that limit. Plus no one want to see men's toes.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Got pulled up (in the nicest possible way) for wearing my polo shirt untucked in the clubhouse…? I acceded to the request to tuck in as I rather suspected, though wasn’t sure, that I was in breach of the clubhouse dress code. Standards. OK. Easy enough for me to comply. Better than my buddy wearing crocs in the clubhouse and getting short shrift. Now even I would guess that that was a no-no.

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Some of you in London and The SE will NOT understand this!

It was President’s Day at our Club yesterday and lo and behold the Competition was cancelled due to heavy overnight rain which continued throughout the day.

D

Deleted member 3432

Some of you in London and The SE will NOT understand this!

It was President’s Day at our Club yesterday and lo and behold the Competition was cancelled due to heavy overnight rain which continued throughout the day.

Must have put some rain down, it was fairly firm and running nicely for a parkland when I was down the other day.

Much greener than Silloth however....

Didn't stop raining at all up here yesterday, never left the house.

RRidges

Visit site
Got pulled up (in the nicest possible way) for wearing my polo shirt untucked in the clubhouse…? I acceded to the request to tuck in as I rather suspected, though wasn’t sure, that I was in breach of the clubhouse dress code. Standards. OK. Easy enough for me to comply. Better than my buddy wearing crocs in the clubhouse and getting short shrift. Now even I would guess that that was a no-no.
Isn't there a 'casual' bar/area? There should be at any club that has 'old style' dress standards imo. To me, crocs (or trainers) are ok as long as with socks. Happy that shirts need to be tucked in. I've played at a course that has zero dress standards for clubhouse, but the usual ones for on the course. It's quite deliberate - to not dissuade members from calling in on way home from work for food/refreshment.

D

Deleted member 3432

Forward thinking club....??

D-S

Visit site
Guy in the society at ours today who was so overweight his shirt would not tuck into his shorts so the clubhouse was subjected to 5 inches of his belly hanging out !!
As long as he was conforming to the publicised dress codes, then it is fine.
However, if his shorts had more than the prescribed amount of pockets or his socks were beige instead of white then in the name of righteousness hell and fury must be poured upon his immortal soul.