Golf Random Irritations

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
i have just had my handicap come over from my club (via Igolf) and its 12.8! I've only got 6 scores on there so its not overly accurate

it seems like I've got my work cut out getting it up to 28 in time for H4H!

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
i have just had my handicap come over from my club (via Igolf) and its 12.8! I've only got 6 scores on there so its not overly accurate

it seems like I've got my work cut out getting it up to 28 in time for H4H!

Just make sure you play 20 times between now and then.

2 cards in tomorrow will be a good start

SurreyGolfer

Visit site
Not sure why, but it really irritates me when I see (find) balls that have been scribbled on to look like another ball, the most popular version of this being <insert budget ball> with 2 blue and 1 red line drawn on to look like a Callaway.

Just buy the Callaway???

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not sure why, but it really irritates me when I see (find) balls that have been scribbled on to look like another ball, the most popular version of this being <insert budget ball> with 2 blue and 1 red line drawn on to look like a Callaway.

Just buy the Callaway???
Does this happen much? You find Srixon Distances with "Pro Vee Won" written on it? :p

Visit site

Just buy the Callaway???

I've never seen that, but it annoys me when I find balls and it's a nice ball in good condition, but is covered in awful sharpie markings, ie. massive smiley faces or like a child has marked it (not just a dot here and there which is normal and fine)!

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Looking for a ball in the wrong place because that’s where my fellow competitor said it had gone. Couldn’t find it so played my provisional. Walk forward and there is my first ball in plain site. Turned a 4 into a 6. I was not happy at the time.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
I've never seen that, but it annoys me when I find balls and it's a nice ball in good condition, but is covered in awful sharpie markings, ie. massive smiley faces or like a child has marked it (not just a dot here and there which is normal and fine)!

I know a couple of lads who get their young kids to mark up their balls before comps, they see it as a bit of a good luck charm.

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
Played Royal Ashdown today with a new society for the first time (course and society).

Bugger me, it was hard work but what a course. Started well, poor middle and a reasonable end until 4 putts from 8 ft finished me off! That heather is beastly.

NearHull

Visit site
Played Silkstone yesterday - a hilly course near Barnsley. The high temperatures and humidity added extra challenges but capped off by trolley failure on the 8th. But I still recommend the course.

Mark_Aged_42

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Looking for a ball in the wrong place because that’s where my fellow competitor said it had gone. Couldn’t find it so played my provisional. Walk forward and there is my first ball in plain site. Turned a 4 into a 6. I was not happy at the time.
If your first ball was in front of provisional couldnt you play the first ball?

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If your first ball was in front of provisional couldnt you play the first ball?
Played both balls (after telling my PPs my intentions) to the green as wasn’t sure of ruling and then called a referee over. Couldn’t be sure that we had taken less than 3 minutes looking so had to use my provisional. Annoying as my original ball was 10 feet below the hole with a good look at birdie. I did manage to hole a slippery 6 foot down hiller for a 6 with my provisional. I think my head would have exploded if I’d missed it?.As it was it took me a couple of holes to get the incident fully out of my head. My next purchase from Amazon is a stopwatch to hang on my golf bag.