Golf Random Irritations

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Usually play On a Friday in our swindle and sometimes there is also a club competition on the same day. If there is then most of us will also enter this. Today was one of those days, but I couldn’t enter the competition as I was playing a KO match. Same tees as the club comp. I holed out for an eagle 2 on the 7th. I have just checked the scores of the club competition for today and no 2s were recorded ?

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Only getting to play once every 4 weeks or thereabouts and today’s the day. But, of course, the weather is appalling. Only forecast for 38mph mean wind with 63mph gusts.

I sense I’m not going to break 100 and to make it worse I’m about to lose a 76 out of my best 8 rounds. ?

What is the point of golf.

D

Deleted member 3432

Only getting to play once every 4 weeks or thereabouts and today’s the day. But, of course, the weather is appalling. Only forecast for 38mph mean wind with 63mph gusts.

I sense I’m not going to break 100 and to make it worse I’m about to lose a 76 out of my best 8 rounds. ?

What is the point of golf.

WHS won't be reflecting current form, more like current weather.....

Canary Kid

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Marshals at the US Open putting a flag near the ball to show players where they are in the rough. The golf authorities always argue against bifurcation on the grounds that golf should be the same game at all levels … so where are the marshals pointing out my balls in the cabbage? Pointing out balls means that there is no real penalty for a wayward shot … I know that there is little they can do about crowds pointing them out (and there are no crowds watching me), but using marshals specifically for the purpose is blatant mollycoddling. Rant over.

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
Marshals at the US Open putting a flag near the ball to show players where they are in the rough. The golf authorities always argue against bifurcation on the grounds that golf should be the same game at all levels … so where are the marshals pointing out my balls in the cabbage? Pointing out balls means that there is no real penalty for a wayward shot … I know that there is little they can do about crowds pointing them out (and there are no crowds watching me), but using marshals specifically for the purpose is blatant mollycoddling. Rant over.

Correct. I have said for a while that if they were playing without spectators and marshalls and tv ( all of which helps to find the wayward drive), their score would be verrry different. As it is now, a lost ball is a rarity, wherever it lands.
To be clear, I am not advocating that is how these events should be played.
Of course, that couldn't happen. But there would be such a different score?