Golf Random Irritations

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Two observed from playing a few holes today.

Members playing tee shots off the grass on a tee when there is a mat;

Some who are carrying taking a shortcut to the fairway through the heather and wearing it down to create a track - when we KNOW that the club is trying to encourage a good consistent heather covering in many areas

:mad:

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
In order to protect our course we have to carry or purchase Winter wheels, around £70. Some members are not buying winter wheels and the Club is doing nothing about it. Any suggestions appreciated. I have written to Club today expressing concern at lack of monitoring.

A sniper will soon sort out the issue

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Two observed from playing a few holes today.

Members playing tee shots off the grass on a tee when there is a mat;

Some who are carrying taking a shortcut to the fairway through the heather and wearing it down to create a track - when we KNOW that the club is trying to encourage a good consistent heather covering in many areas

:mad:

did you pull them up for it?

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Trying to play in a Senior’s Open @Prestwick St Nicholas Golf club. Seem to recall in the past that they would NOT allow any registered outside Scotland to enter which was a first. Phoned today to try and find an answer. No reply from Secretary’s Office who I phoned 3 times. The ansaphone states the pro shop deals with golf reservations and queries. I usually find The Office and Pro Shops in Scotland are extremely helpful. Prestwick St Nicholas is an exception.

The guy was totally disinterested. No idea about comp, no idea whether secretary around or when he will be around..

Expect a club can stipulate what they want regarding a Competition

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Can't they rope the areas off or is that not feasible?
The greens team have created a small raised mound about 18” high along the side of the path…and have put a low roped fence along the top of the first 3 or 4m to prevents the straightest direct route to the fairway. We all know that the mound and fence are not there to prevent trolley access as we know that we must avoid taking trolleys into heather areas. But of course some have simply been rounding the immediate end of the fence and stepping over the mount into the heather…through which a path is now being worn…?.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
The greens team have created a small raised mound about 18” high along the side of the path…and have put a low roped fence along the top of the first 3 or 4m to prevents the straightest direct route to the fairway. We all know that the mound and fence are not there to prevent trolley access as we know that we must avoid taking trolleys into heather areas. But of course some have simply been rounding the immediate end of the fence and stepping over the mount into the heather…through which a path is now being worn…?.

It's weird that what the club want and what the members want, isn't aligned

Boomy

Visit site
The commentators on sky saying a 10-15mph wind will cause havoc.

They’d poo their pants if they were on the last few Kent meets

They’d soil in their sneakers if they played at Silloth “most” weekends ? 10-15mph is a godsend.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Wanted to practise a bit before dinner as haven't played since two weekends ago and we have a quarter final match tomorrow. Drove to the only driving range near me, and it's shut because of 'waste spillage' from the restaurant above causing 'contamination'. WTF? Too late to drive to the next nearest one that's actually open which is basically out in Borehamwood. The one I used to go to in Northwick Park has reopened.. but as a TopGolf style 'BigShots' game where you have to book bays and it costs loads. There's just such a lack of driving ranges near me. I just drove straight home again having not hit anything. :mad: