Golf Random Irritations

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
When you've got a good round going, on the 18th faced with a 4th shot (par5) of 91 yards uphillinto a strong wind and you don't have a shot...
You're weighing up your options, working out which shot and club to use...you just about decide ....and your playing partner says " what are you waiting for?"
And puts you right off your train of thought.......
Knob.....:mad:

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
When you've got a good round going, on the 18th faced with a 4th shot (par5) of 91 yards uphillinto a strong wind and you don't have a shot...
You're weighing up your options, working out which shot and club to use...you just about decide ....and your playing partner says " what are you waiting for?"
And puts you right off your train of thought.......
Knob.....:mad:
Seem to recall a Mod on here was playing around 7.45 today and was so excited he hd been awake since 4 a.m. Was the said person your playing partner? If so an infraction is in order.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
People moaning about getting bombarded with marketing emails for a driver - you do realise that the only reason you are getting emails is because you signed up for them? :rolleyes:
I don't know if 'signed up' is fair. Most of them just start emailing you after you buy something from them. And I always untick the 'send me promotions' button when there is one.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
I don't know if 'signed up' is fair. Most of them just start emailing you after you buy something from them. And I always untick the 'send me promotions' button when there is one.

I always make sure I untick/tick no marketing. I’ve not had one email about any new driver, or any other golf related marketing.

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The clubs who are not yet using online booking and want you to print off an entry form and post a cheque.... (for Opens)
Agree entirely. Lundin Links do that. I have booked an Open at Boat of Garten, only opened @ 9 a.m today and they said it was the first year they had done on line booking!

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
In order to protect our course we have to carry or purchase Winter wheels, around £70. Some members are not buying winter wheels and the Club is doing nothing about it. Any suggestions appreciated. I have written to Club today expressing concern at lack of monitoring.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Visitors at our place today who decide to play off the back tees, despite them being roped off and having no markers out.

We pointed this out and got the reply that they were not told what to play off. I suggested that the absence of makers where they were standing might have been a clue ?

No doubt they will be moaning about "stuffy members!"

I

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Visitors at our place today who decide to play off the back tees, despite them being roped off and having no markers out.

We pointed this out and got the reply that they were not told what to play off. I suggested that the absence of makers where they were standing might have been a clue ?

No doubt they will be moaning about "stuffy members!"

I
I would have been making a call to the pro shop although to be fair we have several white tees shut art the moment and I've still seen members using them at the weekend

Imurg

Visit site
The pace of play today....
On Sundays we have a booking system that runs from 7.45 until about 9.15 from the 1st and the 10th - all 4 balls.
From 11.30 the "rock up and play" palaver begins.
We got to the 1st tee at 11.15 and were 4th in the queue - which increased in size every couple of minutes.
I guess because yesterday was so awful weather-wise that everyone wanted to play today..
We just waited on every single shot...stop/start all the way round...and that' the worst recipe for my joints...
Judging by how they feel now, I have an inkling that moving tomorrow may be a tad tricky...
Give me a steady 4 hours walk with few stops and im fine...4 hours of stop/start and everything seizes up.
Good job I'm not playing until Thursday.....

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Agree entirely. Lundin Links do that. I have booked an Open at Boat of Garten, only opened @ 9 a.m today and they said it was the first year they had done on line booking!
Wouldn't mind betting it is full by now to, only place up here I've never played an open, full within days of the comp opening.

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
Not touching a club through December as I was rammed with work. 2 sessions at the range this year and I seem to have developed an almighty push and forgotten how to hit driver entirely.

Let's see how it goes on the course, tomorrow...

Imurg

Visit site
Didn't play this morning..
The combination of a trolley ban, frost, sub-zero temperatures and fog didn't fill me with much enthusiasm