Golf Random Irritations

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
PXG not taking PayPal credit meaning I need to do a few shifts overtime. Can’t do any this weekend or the weekend after next.
Might as well wait till next season now. ?

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just had a note from the club that we have a group of travellers have set up camp on the playing fields next to the course. Kids already stealing balls from fairways, 11 rakes snapped and dog turd and holes dug in bunkers.

We have kinda feared this as the playing fields are wide open (albeit privately owned) and the sad truth is it’s a surprise it’s taken this long.

Playing at half 5 so will no doubt see the full scale of the problem playing 16 through 18 that border the fields.
And they wonder why no one likes them ?

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
Drove the hour and a half to play at South Staffs in their open and the two I’m to play with haven’t bothered turning up. Very good!

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
Drove the hour and a half to play at South Staffs in their open and the two I’m to play with haven’t bothered turning up. Very good!

Hats off to South staffs golf club for phoning a local member up to allow me to play, to be fair I could of still played at home but they went above and beyond.

Worst round I’d played all year but enjoyed the walk! ?

IainP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
More fun than expected :-

GNFD7859.jpg
On this buggy theme, quickly tried to snap yesterday what was down the bank and in the stream - tricky to see though
ezgif-2-9c1525064f6a.jpg

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
The hollering and hooting going on at the Solheim for every tee shot..be it 6 inches from the hole or 40 yards right in the depths of a bunker..
Nobody should be clapping a ball that's knee deep in rough....

Mandofred

Visit site
The curse of the back 9. Not so much at my home course....but the 2nd club, it's getting spooky. Saturday....+1 on the front 9, +12 on the back 9. This is pretty normal. The front 9 is a good bit shorter, but more dangerous for losing balls etc. Something always goes wrong on the back 9. 1 bad shot every hole is the usual result. But.....I'm starting to think I've got a curse on me. Saturday I hit a phone line going over the course on the back 9.....Sunday I hit the same line but on a different hole. Sunday, teeing off 10 I hit a semi crappy drive that faded off right....not in trouble at all. Sitting in short grass between the 10+2nd fairways. I think the group going up 2 grabbed it. We weren't paying attention, but the ball should have just been sitting there. Next hole....I hit the phone line.....next hole I'm sitting directly behind the only tree that sticks out a bit into the fairway. I'm expecting frogs out of the sky in the next week or two. Other people I know yell across the course asking how the back 9 is going.......I'm becoming semi-famous.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Last week.
Midweek comp 3 over with 3 to go. Bogey, bogey double. 7 over. Outside best 8.
Saturday comp 6 over with 3 to go. Birdie, par, birdie. 4 over. Got a 0.2 cut.
Stupid game!

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
After months of good weather and a scorcher on Wednesday, the weather has turned vey wet, thick fog here in Inverness today. Nairn is closed due to poor visibility, I'd image most others locally will be the same. So by the looks of things one game this week is it

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Decided to not do my daily early 9 today as the weather looked decidedly iffy..

Good decision as it's howling down..

In less irritating news..at least the car is getting a wash..