Golf Random Irritations

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Had a fitting this morning, very thorough, spent over an hour hitting various combos of heads and shafts.
Narrowed down to Taylormade Sim 2 and Mizuno Hot Metal Pro (P790s we’re lovely and went well but pipped by both the others). All best combos were on the Pro Modus 3 105R shaft…

Heads available 4- 5weeks. Shafts seemingly 4- 5 MONTHS!

Went from quite energised and happy to flat and despondent in 30 seconds.
It's the way it is...I got lucky 6 weeks ago on my fit..everything in stock.
Worth a troll around the online shops to see if you can find a set that matches your spec?

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
It's the way it is...I got lucky 6 weeks ago on my fit..everything in stock.
Worth a troll around the online shops to see if you can find a set that matches your spec?

Just been doing that, problem seems to be that the Modus is custom offering in each of the models so probably the same challenge to get them.
Can’t imagine why it’s suddenly become much more difficult to get components… ?

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Three putting from 20' ................................ for a par!
2nd time I've done that, on the same hole, in the last few weeks.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Following on from my earlier moans about my club scrapping the tee booking system. They've now updated it, so it's enormously more complicated before, and fails to fix the issue we had with it anyway. Now in the morning you can book the 1st up until 10am, or don't book and play off the 1st, and vice versa in the afternoon after 12:30. But we still can't play between 10 and 12:30. *bangs head on wall* On Sundays it's even worse, can't play between 9:15 and 12:30. Who comes up with this stuff?

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Following on from my earlier moans about my club scrapping the tee booking system. They've now updated it, so it's enormously more complicated before, and fails to fix the issue we had with it anyway. Now in the morning you can book the 1st up until 10am, or don't book and play off the 1st, and vice versa in the afternoon after 12:30. But we still can't play between 10 and 12:30. *bangs head on wall* On Sundays it's even worse, can't play between 9:15 and 12:30. Who comes up with this stuff?

That really confuses me. Some of the peak weekend times and nobody can play. seems mad.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I was afraid to ask! You can tee off till 10, then then close the course till 12.30? Or are folk going off the 10th and the 1st tee that is closed to accommodate those players?

That was my initial thought and I suppose if you are teeing off from 2 points perhaps then closing the tees to allow the morning groups on to the alternate 9 has some merit. At my old club there was no such restriction (also no tee booking) but the rule was that when you came off the green on 9th, for example, you let one group start who were queuing to start on 10th then went next.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Arrived this morning.

Is this a record for ebay/Parcelforce Express Delivery quoting 2 to 3 days? Gloucestershire to Leicestershire.

NINE DAYS.

I could have walked there and back!

Californians.jpg

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I was afraid to ask! You can tee off till 10, then then close the course till 12.30? Or are folk going off the 10th and the 1st tee that is closed to accommodate those players?
Logic suggests those times are closed to allow the first lot to finish their rounds having started on different tees - yes. I still think it's really poor that as a 7 day member I can't play at the time I want to. After the most recent lockdown we had a two tee start and online booking times (at any time) and it all worked fine. Really baffling why they've changed it.

sunshine

Visit site
Arrived this morning.

Is this a record for ebay/Parcelforce Express Delivery quoting 2 to 3 days? Gloucestershire to Leicestershire.

NINE DAYS.

I could have walked there and back!

View attachment 38228

That's a blast from the past. Slazenger Californian cavity backs were my first set of clubs, bought from Intersport in the St Anne's centre in Harrow. Back in the day when people used to go to a sports shop to buy sporting equipment. £5 seems about the right price.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
That's a blast from the past. Slazenger Californian cavity backs were my first set of clubs, bought from Intersport in the St Anne's centre in Harrow. Back in the day when people used to go to a sports shop to buy sporting equipment. £5 seems about the right price.
I think your cavity backs came long after these blades. I dare to say that these older clubs were more up-market than the later cavities which were budget clubs trading on the reputation of the blades. I had acquired, earlier this year, some Wilson Walter Hagen Professional late 1970s blades 3,5,7,9,SW so I was looking for similar era half set of blades with similar shaped heads, feel and distance hitting. These are just the job, the even numbers and the PW. Also included a 5-iron which is surplus to requirements, but don't care, cost peanuts and superb condition. Well worth the 9 day wait in the end.

compare

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/123750851998?hash=item1cd020259e:g:tEcAAOSwVotcnVHo

with

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/154573298084?hash=item23fd4959a4:g:eoEAAOSwxXZhG9xI

and you will see why I believe I've done well.

Both the above seriously over priced, but these however are worth consideration

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/174914687930?hash=item28b9ba53ba:g:COIAAOSwLNlhGWLU

Last edited:

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Having to put on hold my match play final, when I'm in the form of my life, as my opponent has caught covid. I cherilly wished him well, but could see my chance of winning floating off in a cloud of divots.

sunshine

Visit site
I think your cavity backs came long after these blades. I dare to say that these older clubs were more up-market than the later cavities which were budget clubs trading on the reputation of the blades. I had acquired, earlier this year, some Wilson Walter Hagen Professional late 1970s blades 3,5,7,9,SW so I was looking for similar era half set of blades with similar shaped heads, feel and distance hitting. These are just the job, the even numbers and the PW. Also included a 5-iron which is surplus to requirements, but don't care, cost peanuts and superb condition. Well worth the 9 day wait in the end.

compare

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/123750851998?hash=item1cd020259e:g:tEcAAOSwVotcnVHo

with

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/154573298084?hash=item23fd4959a4:g:eoEAAOSwxXZhG9xI

and you will see why I believe I've done well.

Both the above seriously over priced, but these however are worth consideration

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/174914687930?hash=item28b9ba53ba:g:COIAAOSwLNlhGWLU

My cavity irons were budget clubs sold in shops like Argos. Amusing to see people trying to sell them on ebay today.

The clubs you are looking at are much nicer! But £250 is way over priced - you have done well!

D

Deleted member 21258

More fun than expected :-

GNFD7859.jpg

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just had a note from the club that we have a group of travellers have set up camp on the playing fields next to the course. Kids already stealing balls from fairways, 11 rakes snapped and dog turd and holes dug in bunkers.

We have kinda feared this as the playing fields are wide open (albeit privately owned) and the sad truth is it’s a surprise it’s taken this long.

Playing at half 5 so will no doubt see the full scale of the problem playing 16 through 18 that border the fields.