Golf Random Irritations

Crumplezone

Visit site
I think some people like to be offended.

If they had said something like 'Could I remind you that the rules of the club require that you tuck your shirt in whilst on the course' I would have had no problem. Of course I intended tucking my shirt in before playing. Unfortunately, all 3 of the people I mentioned just said brusquely 'tuck yer shirt in'. The lady captain shouting it at me from 20 yards away in front of a large group of people. It's just not a polite way to behave and is extremely unwelcoming.

Of course the dress code only applies when on the course. It's impossible for it to be otherwise. Golf clubs have changing rooms, so many people arrive not dressed for golf. Almost no one arrives wearing golf shoes that are required on the course. Club houses often have different dress codes to the course. Unless clubs choose to draw white lines everywhere clearly demarcating dress code and no dress code areas, it's ridiculous to suggest that dress codes can apply anywhere but on the course. I have the right to walk round where the hell I like with my shirt untucked until I step on the first tee.

Crumplezone

Visit site
Going back to shirts untucked, I struggle with this being broad in the shoulders and some accountant suggesting a cost save by reducing a shirts length. I spent my work life having my shirt pulled out and it being untucked.. do I care on the golf course .. no I don’t, I will tuck it in but only if it is bothering me.
What bothers me is the lack of dress code for women .. but that’s not a discussion a man is allowed to have, without it being deemed sexist etc…

Presumably it's a historical thing. Dress codes were originally designed in the 19th century to keep undesirable chaps off the course and back then ladies could presumably be trusted to dress in a 'respectable' way. A few clubs do have dress codes for women though as does the LPGA.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
If they had said something like 'Could I remind you that the rules of the club require that you tuck your shirt in whilst on the course' I would have had no problem. Of course I intended tucking my shirt in before playing. Unfortunately, all 3 of the people I mentioned just said brusquely 'tuck yer shirt in'. The lady captain shouting it at me from 20 yards away in front of a large group of people. It's just not a polite way to behave and is extremely unwelcoming.

Of course the dress code only applies when on the course. It's impossible for it to be otherwise. Golf clubs have changing rooms, so many people arrive not dressed for golf. Almost no one arrives wearing golf shoes that are required on the course. Club houses often have different dress codes to the course. Unless clubs choose to draw white lines everywhere clearly demarcating dress code and no dress code areas, it's ridiculous to suggest that dress codes can apply anywhere but on the course. I have the right to walk round where the hell I like with my shirt untucked until I step on the first tee.
Furthermore, most of these clubs will have 'no changing shoes in the car park' as a rule as well, so unless you they expect you to drive there in your golf shoes, the two things can't be compatible. :LOL:

ADB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Going back to shirts untucked, I struggle with this being broad in the shoulders and some accountant suggesting a cost save by reducing a shirts length. I spent my work life having my shirt pulled out and it being untucked.. do I care on the golf course .. no I don’t, I will tuck it in but only if it is bothering me.
What bothers me is the lack of dress code for women .. but that’s not a discussion a man is allowed to have, without it being deemed sexist etc…
I thought most courses with dress codes mention the specifics for ladies as well as those for men?

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
No idea where my driver is. Played last weekend and one of the staff took the bag away after the round to put in my mates car, who gave me a lift, back at home and no driver and its not in the car

I'm sure it'll turn up but I'm thinking of putting a picture of it onto some milk cartons :unsure:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
No idea where my driver is. Played last weekend and one of the staff took the bag away after the round to put in my mates car, who gave me a lift, back at home and no driver and its not in the car

I'm sure it'll turn up but I'm thinking of putting a picture of it onto some milk cartons :unsure:
How trustworthy were the staff!?

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
How trustworthy were the staff!?

It was an away course, but the guys have been sound when I've played there before. I'm more thinking its in another players bag (unnoticed) or at the player services area waiting to be reclaimed. My mates gonna check for me

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I’m obviously playing at the wrong courses…or the right ones depending on your viewpoint
Don’t get me wrong I am not a prude, but I am getting a bit fed up of the sexualisation of stuff that just doesn’t need it .. and it’s not men making women wear these clothes it’s their choice.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
People who want to wear their polo shirt untucked but object to hoodies on the course ?
shorts.JPG

I'm allowed to wear the ones on the left and I do wear them often. I'm not allowed to wear the Fred Perry's on the right. Its all about the top band apparently.
But if I was allowed to wear my shirt untucked, then no one would know that my shorts are NON-CONFORMING WORKS OF THE DEVIL.
Golf clubs can be extremely irritating, can't they?
I used to park near the gate so it was only a few paces to the road where I could change my shoes off the club's land beyond their jurisdiction. At least they dropped that stupid one.
Someone remind me - it is the 21st century isn't it?
Just received an email from Luffenham Heath. "Socks must cover the ankles when wearing shorts."
What is the matter with these people?

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Female golfers who wear their shirts untucked are the spawn of the devil and should be banned from the golf course.
No ... some ladies shirts/blouses are meant to be worn outside their shorts/skirts. No mans shirt has ever been invented that has been designed to be worn outside. Same as trainer socks for men. Ban them on golf courses.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
I do not see a difference between a man's shirt and a woman's shirt in terms of design of the bottom edge of the garment.
If a woman's shirt can be designed to be worn outside shorts then a man's can be so designed as well.