Golf Random Irritations

D

Deleted member 1147

Club Championship (so the greens had been tricked up to insane speeds) last year - shortly after the Mickelson incident, so the options were fresh in my mind.
About a 6ft putt. Shaved the hole and the ball ran all the way down the apron and way off the green.
"That's unplayable, I'm taking S+D" says I.
Put down another ball and proceeded to do exactly the same thing.
Put down another ball and finally holed the putt.
Ended up with a 9. On a par 3. (It had already taken me 4 to get on the green - I was having a bad day).
Someone else scored 13 on that hole.
A mate of mine hit the green with his tee shot and ended up with an 8.

Greens should be fast, or have big slopes, or tricky pin positions. But all three together is taking the p***.

Out of interest, did you drop or place the ball?

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Out of interest, did you drop or place the ball?

If we're to assume that the previous stroke ("the 6ft putt") was made on the putting surface (& not putting from off the green) then I'm sure he'd be correct to place it rather than drop

D

Deleted member 1147

If we're to assume that the previous stroke ("the 6ft putt") was made on the putting surface (& not putting from off the green) then I'm sure he'd be correct to place it rather than drop

Off the top of my head, I couldn't remember the rule - makes sense to be placed (y)

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Getting to the PSI screen to sign in for a comp to find that it hasn't been entered into the system.
Feeling even more of a 2nd class member now.......:cry:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Working hard on chipping and putting and making what felt like progress and then the heavens opened instantly. Quickly picked balls up and grabbed stuff and ran for sanctuary of clubhouse. Got very damp very quickly

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Getting to the PSI screen to sign in for a comp to find that it hasn't been entered into the system.
Feeling even more of a 2nd class member now.......:cry:
Seems they got the comp entered on the system as the results came through yesterday.....
Either that or we've been blackballed....:mad:

D

Deleted member 21258

Less than 10% chance of rain they said, decided to take a few hours off work yesterday to complete my 3rd comp card.

4 holes of drizzle, followed by 4 holes of heavy rain on the front nine, apparently nice and dry in shrewsbury down the road :mad:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
It's only this game where you can shoot 1 off your best ever round and still walk away gutted about the poor putting that cost you another 3 shots. :cry:

YamiKuriboh

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Playing behind a two ball with the buggy. Their shots kept splitting the fairway. Rather than parking in the middle and each walking over to their respective balls, they would drive to one ball and then drive to the other side of the fairway for the other player's ball. The pace of play got even slower when they hit the occasional duff shot. The number of times their buggy went forward, back, sideways made me think of wacky races.