Golf Random Irritations

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
"helicopter parent" is quite a common expression in Germany for an overprotective and meddlesome parent who always hovers around his/her kids (or, in most cases 'kid' in singular ... single children seem to be more likely to suffer from the phenomenon).

And in German there will be a wonderful compound word for it! Hubschraubermutter?

badgb21

Hacker
Visit site
PP’s who describe their every shot in detail to you, even though you stood there and watched their shot whilst playing with them.
I really don’t need the post commentary on how you hit it, the way the club caught the grass, how you thought it would roll the other way, immediately after every shot you took………..I saw it!

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I did that the other day but to be honest I was so happy the original ball was actually playable that I just forgot about the provisional and didn't care. :ROFLMAO:

Did you find it within 3 minutes though and not an estimated 3 minutes ya big cheat?

🤔😂

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Playing Partners who berate the pace of play when playing badly but praise it when they are playing well when the rounds take exactly the same time. Had one who always pushed people to play quickly, berated the pace of play of groups ahead until he was playing well then slowed his pace down and refused to let anyone through or to speed up to catch a group ahead.

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
And in German there will be a wonderful compound word for it! Hubschraubermutter?

"Helikoptermutter" in this case. We use both "Hubschrauber" and "Helikopter" for a helicopter, but for the over-eager parenting variety, it is always "Helikopter" (I guess this is why I assumed that the image originated in English and was only translated into German)

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
My chipping.
My pitching.
Players who can't believe that their sliced shot kicked to the right.
Unrepaired pitch marks.
My brother wearing brown socks with shorts!

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
PP’s who describe their every shot in detail to you, even though you stood there and watched their shot whilst playing with them.
I really don’t need the post commentary on how you hit it, the way the club caught the grass, how you thought it would roll the other way, immediately after every shot you took………..I saw it!

No no no! This is essential!

ADB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Those stupid descriptions for different shots like ‘ ooooh that’s a real Sally Gunnell’ or left yourself a Maradona there.....

NOT FUNNY....AT ALL!!

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Playing with old duffers that shouldn’t be allowed out without a carer.

Last competition I played in two of my partners managed to fall over trying to climb onto the same tee. Should have used the steps ? Another partner who managed to lose my card after four holes in previous round, this time marked my card from hole one, even though competition was a shotgun start and we started on the 12th.

Last player managed to lose his glove from the first green to the second tee. After much searching player suddenly remembered he had put the glove in his bag. I need to find younger partners, with at least a few brain cells.

Oh wait that last player was me.:eek::eek: