Golf Random Irritations

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Commentators who say "that's perfect" when a ball lands 10 feet from the flag. No it's not. Perfect would be in the hole.
Clubhouse agronomic experts who think they know more than every greenkeeper
Ladies 4-balls who just walk round as a group to each other's balls and never walk ahead - not being sexist, but in my experience, it's always ladies who do it.
Committees who change the rules of competitions year-to-year to make sure one of their friends/family now becomes eligible to play.

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
What's a helicopter mother?

"helicopter parent" is quite a common expression in Germany for an overprotective and meddlesome parent who always hovers around his/her kids (or, in most cases 'kid' in singular ... single children seem to be more likely to suffer from the phenomenon).

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
“Gimmes” in roll ups stroke play - yes it’s only a £1, but a player doesn’t have the right to give a putt on behalf of the other 20 players. We play AMAM ( yes it’s boring but , but it’s difficult getting them to play anything else) in two well attended mid week Roll Ups and whilst it could be argued that giving 6” putts speeds up the game, those 6” putts can often develop into 2’ putts.

We have gone to holing everything in Saturday and Sunday roll ups as some people would give putts I wouldn't give in a match. I know it was done in the right intent to speed it all up but we've all missed a tiddler and so when cash is at stake if everyone knows they have to hole out they all know where they stand

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
It appears so - found out by another team member yesterday that we have our big game this weekend against Aspley Guise - I have played 4 won 4 so far and the team is unbeaten, he hasn’t even asked me. Have text him to find out when the next match is - response 22nd September 🛎 end

Not good mate :( Assume its a league decider too based on your record, is that the top league?

Rather you than me round there anyway, lost 8&6 last time I played a scratch match there :eek:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Playing a provisional finding the first ball then being unable to find the provisional.
I did that the other day but to be honest I was so happy the original ball was actually playable that I just forgot about the provisional and didn't care. :ROFLMAO:

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Playing partners who hit one in the rough right of the fairway. Then hit a provisional in the rough left. They then find the first ball and quickly call across "could you pick up my provisional for us please". And Yes this is usually me!!!!

Visit site
Replace, Repair and Rake. It’s your duty to do these things, but then speedsters who want to race round cos they’ve not got enough time, may cause the 3 R’s by standing with legs crossed leaning on club and shaking head.

Don’t play.....

D

Deleted member 15344

Not good mate :( Assume its a league decider too based on your record, is that the top league?

Rather you than me round there anyway, lost 8&6 last time I played a scratch match there :eek:

It’s the second league - Aspley are full of the youngster around 1/2 HC , i beat there best player there not long ago and yep it’s the league decider and promotion decider because only one might get promoted to the top league.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
My wife, who keeps winning golf stuff and plays more than me and says she doesn't like golf:mad:

I'll follow this with, I think my wife could be a good steady player, she's improved 10 shots this year and I can see there's room for more, a lot more, but just doesn't get sporting achievements. :rolleyes:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Players putting bunker rakes in positions that could cause a following player a significant problem - specifically where a rake in, or part-in, a bunker could stops or traps a player's ball in a position where the ball is unplayable or the player cannot play a shot towards the green; Players who walk past and ignore or are blind to rakes so positioned and do not take remedial action.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Players putting bunker rakes in positions that could cause a following player a significant problem - specifically where a rake in, or part-in, a bunker could stops or traps a player's ball in a position where the ball is unplayable or the player cannot play a shot towards the green; Players who walk past and ignore or are blind to rakes so positioned and do not take remedial action.
I'm surprised by this being an irritant to you .......:unsure: