Golf Psychology Books or DVD's

T

thecraw

Right I'm now 32 years old and its time to grow up!!!!!!

Bottom line is today I returned to my bad old days and started chucking clubs again. I had a bad day at the office and launched my driver 40 yards down the fairway after I blocked three drives in a row into the heather.

The thing is, it just makes me even more mad after I do it and when I notice my mates laughing at my antics I get even more angry and my game totally disintigrates. Its a bloomin vicious circle. My antics are not something I'm proud of and in general I do have a short fuse.

Has anyone read any good books about "how to let go" (i dont mean when throwing the club!!!!) or block out these fealings of golf rage as it does seriously effect my game but at the same time I feel like I have to get my frustrations out!!!

Maybe I'm just f***** up in the heid!!!

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site

utter rubbish! I'm an official old fart (I qualify for a bus pass though I haven't got one as the busses don't pass the course) and have no intention of growing up. (Bryan Adams recorded my anthem - 18 'til I die!)

I can't however, point you in the direction of any worthy tombs as I've never read any - can't be bothered with the contemplating your own navel stuff. That said I've never thrown a club either, bit pointless really as unless you plan the trajectory well you're either in for a long walk or you're getting wet (and I think that rather defeats the object of throwing it).

I think it's a life thing; you <u>will</u> confront a situation which will put everything into perspective. For me it was a war, the birth of my kids - what the hell else is that important?

Nico

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Get the good Dr Bob on your side and it will help.

On the other hand I was not cured until I had a good talking to by a mate.

He was right,I was wrong,nuff said.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Also lapsed on Sunday. I also thought I had it under control. Damn. At least I didn't break anything this time. Always nice to finish with a full set.

Sam

Head Pro
Visit site
I had a bad day at the office and launched my driver 40 yards down the fairway
Using a discus-type turn will allow you to throw it much further BUT always aim AWAY from your direction of travel.

Dave3498

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Tie a piece of string around the top of the club and attach it to your throwing wrist. Then, if you throw the club, it will swing around and smack you on the back of the head.

minty18

Tour Rookie
Visit site

utter rubbish! I'm an official old fart (I qualify for a bus pass though I haven't got one as the busses don't pass the course) and have no intention of growing up. (Bryan Adams recorded my anthem - 18 'til I die!)

I can't however, point you in the direction of any worthy tombs as I've never read any - can't be bothered with the contemplating your own navel stuff. That said I've never thrown a club either, bit pointless really as unless you plan the trajectory well you're either in for a long walk or you're getting wet (and I think that rather defeats the object of throwing it).

I think it's a life thing; you <u>will</u> confront a situation which will put everything into perspective. For me it was a war, the birth of my kids - what the hell else is that important?

Viscount is definitely a big kid!

I'd go mad if i ever achieved an eagle but when viscount got his one it was a big "woohoo" whilst jumping and spinning at the same time across the green.... the sort of thing you see 5 year olds do across the dancefloor at a family party.

Put a smile on my face and great to see! Loved it.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
[
I'd go mad if i ever achieved an eagle but when viscount got his one it was a big "woohoo" whilst jumping and spinning at the same time across the green.... the sort of thing you see 5 year olds do across the dancefloor at a family party.

Put a smile on my face and great to see! Loved it.

I wish it to be known that I would never dance across the putting surface - the apron maybe!

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
The Inner Game Of Tennis is very good. I know that it's not golf, but it is about sport. Even todays olympians are encouraged to read it.

Reddit....Reddit....recommended to nervous sports players and frogs of all varieties too.

Good choice....

T

thecraw

Ch3ears guys a few options there. I will get a couple and let you know how it goes. I am going to make a big effort to "clean up my act" as I just feel like a tit after I have had my tantrum and as I say it only makes me worse!