Golf Pride MCC Align Grips

bradleywedge

Visit site
Does anyone use them? Thinking of getting all my clubs regripped with them, would you get your full set done? ie: irons, woods and wedges, or just concentrate on a specific set to have done? Look useful for helping the grip align properly on the club. How much would you expect to pay to have a full set regripped?

314423-1.jpg

TheDoctor

Club Champion
Visit site
I have the Align grips on my clubs from driver down to my set PW - my wedges (Cleveland RTX4) have the standard grip on them

Couldn't tell you how much it cost as they were available options when I got my driver/3W and my fitter put them on the rest of the set as part of the fitting
I didn't go for it with the wedges as I wasn't sure how it would feel when you play different shots opening up the face etc, but for the rest of the set I am happy with them

My driver and 3W are both Callaway, so even if you alter the loft, with the Optifit hosel it doesn't affect the grip at all

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I bought a second hand wedge that had one of them on. I absolutely hated it and couldn't wait to get it taken off. Where I have quite a strong grip, the alignment thing on the bottom didn't really help, it just felt wonky and too thick. Didn't help that the previous owner hadn't put it on straight either.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I cannot see the point of them on wedges where you are opening and closing face to suit the shot.

Personally I have never been a lover of clubs with ridges down the back. It stops you from opening and closing the club face for fades and draws, any slight regrip and the club goes back to square.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I use the non align version. Nice big grip, on every club very comfortable wasn’t a fan of GP grips, preferred lamkin non corded grip, but these are okay. The pattern still makes my calluses come up though.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
I use MCC Plus 4 Aligns, as pictured. There is also a non Plus 4 version. The Plus 4 are great grips if you like less taper, but need to be put on carefully, like all reminder grips. I always ask for mine to be put on with a hint of open face as I hate the look of a close face at address.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I have these, mainly for the non taper design but the align were on special offer. To be honest, I can’t really feel the line so not really sure if they work

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I have one on my new Mavrik driver. Despite it having 1 extra wrap of tape I still find it a bit skinny and I don't have big hands.
I have fitted tour velvet plus 4 on my irons, really like these.