golf movies

B

birdieman

I have only ever seen 4 golf movies - Caddyshack, Tin Cup, Happy Gilmore and The Legend of Bagger Vance. Caddyshack is gooood, Tin Cup has about 3 mildly funny bits, Happy Gilmore is cretinous but quite funny and Bagger Vance was ok for a rainy afternoon.
My Question is are there any great golf movies? If not why not? and are there any I haven't mentioned above that are worth watching??
God this week is passing slowly :D.

Marko77

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
They played golf in James Bond - Goldfinger. Does that count?

I heard they were making a movie based on Mark Frost's book "The Greatest Game Ever Played" however guess it was a straight to dvd. Will have to see if it ever got released....

B

birdieman

"But Mishter Goldfinger...you play a Maxshfli 5...." Of course how could I forget Bond, not really a golf movie though Marko.

Shooter_McGavin

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Caddyshack II - avoid at all costs. As much as I love the original the sequal was rubbish!

The Greatest Game Ever Played is well worth a watch for any golf fan. Great book and a decent attempt at a film.

chipin1

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The legend of Bagger Vance was rubbish. The others though are classics.

There's a good scene at the driving range in something about Mary

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
When we are on the topic of golf movies, who else would want a John Daly movie? I most definitely would!

B

birdieman

Grow up a redneck, grow a mullet, win a major as the 9th reserve, get wellied on Jack D, get married and divorced 4 times, win another major in an old Reebok sweatshirt, throw your clubs in the lake, attempt suicide, drive a motorhome, get wellied again, get sober, get addicted to diet coke.......
It'd be better than Rocky!

shanker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Nobody has mentioned ''Bobby Jones:Stroke of Genius''
Bit corny but I enjoyed it (on a plane with nothing else to do).

thebelgie24

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Glenrothes...perfect spot for casting John Daly film,deliverence,southern cmfort or chainsaw massacre.32 pupils in the school class an only 2 surnames!!

shanker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I once played an open with a guy from Glenrothes and a lawyer. The fifer said to the lawyer 'if I got a divorce from my wife would she still be my SISTER?'

I've heard about ''fly fifers'' not being willing to put their hands in their pockets at the 19th but this is a new one. Any more stories?