Golf Monthly Top 100 No. 1....... Turnberry March 2018

• Thread starter Deleted member 17920
  • Start date

Fish

Banned
Visit site
That's the plan I am hoping.

I was going to sort at the end of the month but as its now been asked.

Game on Friday for those that want one.

Possibly looking at Silloth en route for those driving from the deep south or more closer options Dundonald or Western Gailes but I haven't made any contact whatsoever yet.

We do have an offer from Turnberry for Friday night.

Bed and Breakfast £65 per person.

For anyone playing on the way up or back, I can thoroughly recommend Lanark.

Not too far off the M74, approx an hour away from Turnberry.

Anymore info on the options?

I quite fancy Lanark on Friday as it breaks the initial long drive up so a tee time around lunchtime would be good then travel to Turnberry afterwards for the additional Friday B&B so fresh for the Saturday.

I'd then be looking to get down the motorway a bit on Sunday afternoon/night and stay somewhere possibly in the North West and play Monday morning to split the journey/trip up.

Ideally somewhere like St Annes Old Links, easy and cheap to stay in Blackpool Sunday night and then play as early as possible Monday and then only a few hours home.

A cunning plan is coming together :cool:

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

I quite fancy Lanark on Friday as it breaks the initial long drive up so a tee time around lunchtime would be good then travel to Turnberry afterwards for the additional Friday B&B so fresh for the Saturday.

I'd then be looking to get down the motorway a bit on Sunday afternoon/night and stay somewhere possibly in the North West and play Monday morning to split the journey/trip up.

Ideally somewhere like St Annes Old Links, easy and cheap to stay in Blackpool Sunday night and then play as early as possible Monday and then only a few hours home.

Rob, give us time to draw breath, eh, only just got back from London yesterday.

D

Deleted member 17920

Blimey, the Fish never sleeps :D

Give me a few days and I am going to start looking at options.

Some clubs have already said they cant do anything till September as they don't have the members stuff in the diaries yet.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Rob, give us time to draw breath, eh, only just got back from London yesterday.

I know that, I just wondered if yous had multitasked over the last 6 months as it was queried in January. You might have a short list of courses lined up to be polled for all I know, it's only a question.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I know that, I just wondered if yous had multitasked over the last 6 months as it was queried in January. You might have a short list of courses lined up to be polled for all I know, it's only a question.

Yep, and a very valid question, but you could give us a bit of time to get over the previous trip.

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

A very good option for you would be Southerness, the journey from there to Turnberry is about 20 mins longer than from Lanark but you'll get to Southerness over an hour or so earlier than heading up to Lanark.

Not knocking Lanark at all as it's superb but it's probably as good a chance as you'll get to play Southerness.

D

Deleted member 1740

Do let us know if you managed to have Turnberry accommodate more on the list or if we are still on the reserve list - cheers :)

Craig, You can have my place mate, I've only just realised this date clashes with our annual trip to The Cheltenham Festival.

TopOfTheFlop

Head Pro
Visit site
Ah ok mate, sorry to hear that Stu, and gutted we couldn't play NZ together the other day, I was looking forward to that!!!!
I'll message the lads.

Craig, You can have my place mate, I've only just realised this date clashes with our annual trip to The Cheltenham Festival.

D

Deleted member 1740

Ah ok mate, sorry to hear that Stu, and gutted we couldn't play NZ together the other day, I was looking forward to that!!!!
I'll message the lads.

I know mate I'm gutted I'm missing it.

Keep well mate:thup: