Golf Monthly - PING Pro-AM - Centurion Club

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
After dropping out of this when it was announced due to a birthday and a wedding to attend, it now appears I'm not required for either, and so will be doing sweet FA now :(

Gutted for you I had the same thing last year, it's going to be a long day tomorrow best you keep away from the forum
And twitter!

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Good luck today guys! enjoy it, take loads of pics and soak up everything! will be an amazing day! And looks like the weather gods are gonna smile down on you too!!

jealous? not much!! have a cracker boys and girls!

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Following this on twitter is hellish. Sunny day, great course, playing with the Ping pros whilst I am sweltering in my non air conditioned office reading a really tedious lease. Not jealous much 😉

rickg

Money List Winner
Visit site
Everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves today!

AnthonyTXL

image.jpg

image.jpg

George GeneralStore

image.jpg

image.jpg

Guy Midnight

image.jpg

Ping track man set up and bags of goodies to test

image.jpg

Range

image.jpg

The draw!!

image.jpg

The teams with their pro's

image.jpg

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site
Everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves today!

AnthonyTXL

View attachment 11665

View attachment 11666

George GeneralStore

View attachment 11667

View attachment 11668

Guy Midnight

View attachment 11669

Ping track man set up and bags of goodies to test

View attachment 11670

Range

View attachment 11671

The draw!!

View attachment 11672

The teams with their pro's

View attachment 11673

The whole thing looks pants to me, so glad I am chained to my office chair, working on dreary rubbish and fielding calls from whinging clients. Who in their right mind would want to be at the Centurion Club today, honestly !!

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
just popped out of the office and weather is gorjus.... wish I was somewhere else.

Pics look great, enjoy the rest of the day folks, not jealous much!!!

TXL

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Wow, what a great day :)

Firstly, huge thanks must go to GM, Ping and the Centurion Club, without their hard efforts days like this could not happen. Secondly thanks to my playing partners, James & Nick who should now sign up to the forum (although we did notice that they may not qualify as their drives were just under the 300 yard qualifying mark :) ). Last but not least, many thanks to Simon Wakefield for providing such good company and showing us mere mortals how we should play this wonderful game.

When you consider the course has only been open for just over a year, it was in very good condition and I am sure it will be a superb challenge to all levels of golfers as it matures.

Oh, and Richart, if you think Camberley is in the mountains of Surrey, then Centurion is in the mountains of Hertfordshire :)

Thierry

Medal Winner
Visit site
BTW, can you train the dog to sniff out the ball from the rough??? (a bit like truffle hunting)

That one's EASY!!! With my "precision" driving I thought it best to teach mine that trick years ago!!!
I'm sure Midnight will run classes at a reasonable rate if there's enough interest?!?!!!

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
It was a great day. My group had matt baldwin as our pro. The guy was awesome. i rattled off a 315 drive down the 4th and had a cheeky little smile on my face. Away went his 3 wood and out come the driver, he sailed it 10 yards past mine so the glory was short lived.

The first hole has to go down amongst the nicest i have seen and a fantastic opener and a potential card wrecker. The course it self is clearly new but we all agreed that within a few years would really be a gem to play.

Anyway my group won 7 shots clear despite all 3 of us hacking it down the 18th in full view of all the groups. all three of us blobbed the 18th however, matt got yet another birdie.

Over all a fantastic day with great people and great golf. Many thanks to gm and Mike for making it happen

Airlie_Andy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Just to add to the other comments on here, what a fantastic day. Big thank you to the guys at golf monthly and Ping for putting the day on and the tour pros for putting up with us. Centurion is a great track and I would throughly recommend it to anyone, you might even bump into a Hollywood star out on the course like our group did.

The G30 range looks great and I enjoyed hitting the driver and can see it being very popular.

I do have to apologise to my team for being the weakest of weak links in the scoring department and letting the side down. I can honestly say that is easily the worst I have ever hit a golf ball and that includes the first time I ever picked a club up. I must have lost nearly a dozen balls and I doubt Matt has ever wasted that amount of time searching for lost balls in 1 round in his life. However, the sun was shining the course was stunning and the company was great so I was determined not to let it spoil the day and hopefully it didn't spoil it for the other guys in my team.

All in all it was a great day and really interesting to see the pros in action up close like that. Oh the BBQ afterwards wasn't bad either.

matt71

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Crikey a dozen balls, that does not bode well for when I hit the course in a few weeks :( What Hollywood star did you see and has anyone got some pictures or videos they could link up? Taaaaaaaaaaa

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thank god they didnt post the clip of me skulling one out the 18th greenside bunker infront of 40 blokes!! Very embarrassing

Airlie_Andy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
The Hollywood star was Dougray Scott by the way. Driving around in a buggy on his own wearing a Trilby. Nice swing actually.