Golf is taken too seriously at time....

W Murfitt

Visit site
while away at a trip we took a little detour to Nailcote Hal, the home of the british par three.
and showed that you don't have to take this great game serious to enjoy it.

Last edited by a moderator:

W Murfitt

Visit site
Quite right... some fun to be had on little courses like that, or just go out and play a few holes for the fun of just playing....

It was such a laugh, and got some of the love for playing back :) i've had a rough year out on the course, and i needed this, part two coming soon, be sure to subscribe to avoid missing out

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
We have a driving range and par 3 course near to me. It is a great introduction to golf for lots of people around here. No tension, no pressure, just people having fun.

W Murfitt

Visit site
We have a driving range and par 3 course near to me. It is a great introduction to golf for lots of people around here. No tension, no pressure, just people having fun.
that's what it's all about i think. I've played golf at many different levels and lots of different countries but par 3's need to be played more as they are so fun!

W Murfitt

Visit site
why can't you take it seriously and still enjoy it???

even if i play sheer hite i still love playing

you can, but i see so many players, that over complicate the game, hit a bad shot and they beat themselves up so much, it's fantastic you have this attitude i wish more players would. #Neverchange

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
you can, but i see so many players, that over complicate the game, hit a bad shot and they beat themselves up so much, it's fantastic you have this attitude i wish more players would. #Neverchange
would they still over complicate it playing on a par 3 course???

i'd imagine someone who is like that would get down on themselves at crazy golf

W Murfitt

Visit site
ha ha, i beat myself up on the course sometimes, mentally my game is all over the place, but surrounding myself with players who i can have a laugh with and it doesn't matter where the ball goes and how many it takes you to hole out. personally i see par 3's with a different mentality.

But maybe you are right, some golfers will not change, i think that most would though

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
Played Nailcote Hall (between Solihull and Coventry) once and it's well kept. Par 3 golf is more enjoyable than playing one of those 6800 yarders designed in the 1980's, which are just awful.

W Murfitt

Visit site
Played Nailcote Hall (between Solihull and Coventry) once and it's well kept. Par 3 golf is more enjoyable than playing one of those 6800 yarders designed in the 1980's, which are just awful.

it's a fantastic little course, they hold a big professional event there each year called the british par three which is a great week, it's a complete mixed bag of players mens, ladies, juniors, seniors, celebs etc. well worth a trip to watch, you can see just how good these pro's are.

D

Deleted member 15344

while away at a trip we took a little detour to Nailcote Hal, the home of the british par three.
Spot on 👍

There are far too many take the game too seriously , worry too much about handicaps or scores - we play the game for fun - it’s a hobby , we don’t rely on it for a living so we should just relax and enjoy it especially some of the courses we are lucky to play. It’s nice to win , nice to play well but it’s not the be all in the game for us 👍

W Murfitt

Visit site
Spot on 👍

There are far too many take the game too seriously , worry too much about handicaps or scores - we play the game for fun - it’s a hobby , we don’t rely on it for a living so we should just relax and enjoy it especially some of the courses we are lucky to play. It’s nice to win , nice to play well but it’s not the be all in the game for us 👍

100% i couldn't agree to this comment enough.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Spot on 👍

The irony of that lol
Ive seen many post from you in "i played today", all when you have had good rounds, i don't think i've ever seen one where you described a poor round TBH, so if you don't take it too seriously why not?

D

Deleted member 15344

The irony of that lol
Ive seen many post from you in "i played today", all when you have had good rounds, i don't think i've ever seen one where you described a poor round TBH, so if you don't take it too seriously why not?
So as I said “it’s nice to play well” but not the be all

You constantly ask the same questions about my bad rounds ( well we all know you like to take an interest ) - I have loads and loads of bad rounds , also had loads of good rounds but I can’t recall going through each and every good or bad on the “I played today” and I’m not sure why you are so bothered by it ? I play a lot of golf - do you really want to hear about my rounds - would it be easier for you to give you my log in to IG so you can go back to checking my scores and HC ?

You always say the same thing whenever people talk about the game just being a bit of fun for us ? Why are you so bothered about other people’s scores or HC ?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
So as I said “it’s nice to play well” but not the be all

You constantly ask the same questions about my bad rounds ( well we all know you like to take an interest ) - I have loads and loads of bad rounds , also had loads of good rounds but I can’t recall going through each and every good or bad on the “I played today” and I’m not sure why you are so bothered by it ? I play a lot of golf - do you really want to hear about my rounds - would it be easier for you to give you my log in to IG so you can go back to checking my scores and HC ?

You always say the same thing whenever people talk about the game just being a bit of fun for us ? Why are you so bothered about other people’s scores or HC ?

not interested in your good rounds or bothered by them, lets face it you are quick enough to post about it the good ones TBH. But you mentioning you don't take is seriously though,it comes across a bragging TBH i have never ever seen you post describing a poor round, in fact its that smack of double stands but that's you all over though isn't it;)

D

Deleted member 21258

How many balls did you lose, looks plenty of water;);)

Used to play a couple of par 3 courses in Essex(Badgers Par 3 and Garons Par3)

The badgers was a cracking course, had some great holes and really enjoyed it and found it alot of fun.

In some ways a shame there isn't more par 3 courses, but suppose demand just isn't there and tbh don't think I have played a par 3 course since the son was very young.