Golf is taken too seriously at time....

D

Deleted member 15344

not interested in your good rounds or bothered by them, lets face it you are quick enough to post about it the good ones TBH. But you mentioning you don't take is seriously though,it comes across a bragging TBH i have never ever seen you post describing a poor round, in fact its that smack of double stands but that's you all over though isn't it;)

Again none of this has anything to do with taking the game as a bit of fun - it’s just you being obsessed about my golf. I can’t even recall the last time I went through a round good or bad on here - I’ll say it again

“I have loads of rounds good or bad that I don’t post on here “ I’m not sure why I need to or why it bothers you so much and it clearly does bother you because you bring it up every single time when this subject appears. But then we can all remember if someone has a bad round you can put it on the forum for people to laugh at if they are that sad

Why does anyone want to read a post about someone posting about a round full of bogeys or doubles etc

And as for boasting - coming from you , you can’t get any more hypocritical

You boast ( or attempt to boast ) on a regular basis

The fact you play at Narin
You seem to play with countless plus HC players and tell us
You had your “handicap “ Comp win in your signature
The weather in Nairn appears to be straight from the tropics
Mr Mizuno

Before you start to point fingers of accusations at others take a good look in the mirror

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I play for fun but also to do the bestt I can, and yes I get annoyed with myself when I dont.No matter how I play though, I always enjoy the game.
I was also the same when starting out playing pitch and putt (or par3 as it seems to have matured into)

Shame others cant just give s traghtforward answer without having a dig at someone, whether first strike or retalliation.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Again none of this has anything to do with taking the game as a bit of fun - it’s just you being obsessed about my golf. I can’t even recall the last time I went through a round good or bad on here - I’ll say it again

“I have loads of rounds good or bad that I don’t post on here “ I’m not sure why I need to or why it bothers you so much and it clearly does bother you because you bring it up every single time when this subject appears. But then we can all remember if someone has a bad round you can put it on the forum for people to laugh at if they are that sad

Why does anyone want to read a post about someone posting about a round full of bogeys or doubles etc

And as for boasting - coming from you , you can’t get any more hypocritical

You boast ( or attempt to boast ) on a regular basis

The fact you play at Narin
You seem to play with countless plus HC players and tell us
You had your “handicap “ Comp win in your signature
The weather in Nairn appears to be straight from the tropics
Mr Mizuno

Before you start to point fingers of accusations at others take a good look in the mirror

lol, so being a member of a golf club and having in your sig is boasting? how is playing with a couple of low handicappers? we have a fair few, also play with guys of higher handicaps, it just they guys in my group are all low handicaps.
so winning a club comp, not to mention playing at my club when its nice....thats boasting is it? my club has webcam looking down the first for anyone to see. but you will know that it probably came up in one of your searches;)

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
When you play a par 3 course it doesn't affect your handicap. That doesn't half help remove pressure.

Unless you are taking part in a competition.

If the course has a SSS there is no reason not to run a qualifying comp. I got my first handicap on a par 3 /9 hole course.

D

Deleted member 15344

lol, so being a member of a golf club and having in your sig is boasting? how is playing with a couple of low handicappers? we have a fair few, also play with guys of higher handicaps, it just they guys in my group are all low handicaps.
so winning a club comp, not to mention playing at my club when its nice....thats boasting is it? my club has webcam looking down the first for anyone to see. but you will know that it probably came up in one of your searches;)

Why would I want to look at a webcam of a course I don’t play ?

Anytime I mention that I play the game for fun you come straight in with going on about me not posting my bad scores ? I don’t think I can ever see the relevance or why it bothers you so much , it was bad enough that you started a thread about someone’s bad score but I would have thought you would have gotten over it by now . I don’t think anyone on here wants to know about my bad scores , I’m not sure if someone did why ? Time to get over it Patrick - what I score is of no relevance to you or indeed how I see the game.

It’s just a sport , a bit of fun - hobby that I really enjoy - if I play badly then I just go home and then play again the next time , if I play well then I’ll have a little smile and then play again the next time - it’s not the most critical thing in life , I still put food on the table if I have a bad round so I don’t see the need to take it too seriously. You really do need to get past going on about what scores I post on here - it’s not healthy for you and it’s not great for others to read

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Unless you are taking part in a competition.

If the course has a SSS there is no reason not to run a qualifying comp. I got my first handicap on a par 3 /9 hole course.
Indeed, there's a few around the midlands that have SSS ratings that hold qualifiers.
It doesn't quite sit right with me as it misses one major facet of the game. I.e getting the ball into play with a perfect lie and (generally) comfortably within GIR distance.

With that said, I do however think par 3 courses are underrated and should have a big part to play in helping beginners (youngsters and adults) enter the game.

Likewise for those who through age and/or other factors (including time!) are unable to tackle a 'full' couse.

Nailcote is one of the better ones, is fun to play and for sure has some challenging holes. Greens were poor though when we've played it and very squelchy in winter. Still fun though for a relaxing knock

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Why would I want to look at a webcam of a course I don’t play ?

Anytime I mention that I play the game for fun you come straight in with going on about me not posting my bad scores ? I don’t think I can ever see the relevance or why it bothers you so much , it was bad enough that you started a thread about someone’s bad score but I would have thought you would have gotten over it by now . I don’t think anyone on here wants to know about my bad scores , I’m not sure if someone did why ? Time to get over it Patrick - what I score is of no relevance to you or indeed how I see the game.

It’s just a sport , a bit of fun - hobby that I really enjoy - if I play badly then I just go home and then play again the next time , if I play well then I’ll have a little smile and then play again the next time - it’s not the most critical thing in life , I still put food on the table if I have a bad round so I don’t see the need to take it too seriously. You really do need to get past going on about what scores I post on here - it’s not healthy for you and it’s not great for others to read

TBH pretty much on every tread, how you see the game is rammed down your throat, plus i suggest you stop having sly digs when ever you get the chance, and maybe climb down of that high horse one in a while and take on board other opinions and point of views

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I play for fun but also to do the bestt I can, and yes I get annoyed with myself when I dont.No matter how I play though, I always enjoy the game.
I was also the same when starting out playing pitch and putt (or par3 as it seems to have matured into)

Shame others cant just give s traghtforward answer without having a dig at someone, whether first strike or retalliation.
You can't always turn the other cheek;)

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
What is it that makes 9 hole Par3 courses 'more fun' for the pros that makes them eulogise as they do.

A par 3 is a par 3 - especially on par 3 course such as Nailcote Hall course when the par 3s look for all the world like par 3s you'll find anywhere.

As it happens I enjoy par 3 courses (not that I play them very often) - but just for what they are. Par 3 after par 3 - and that's a different challenge from a 'full' course - and I always benefit from the short game practice that a Par 3 course provides.

My local one is good - Farnham Park - designed by Henry Cotton. haven't played it for quite some time, must go and have a go.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I've been lucky enough to play with the OP and he certainly doesn't take himself seriously and was a joy to play with. None of us on the day had a good round and we simply took the mickey looked for the balls and tried to score as well as we could. He's a decent singly figure player and will get the form back. Of course we shouldn't worry about it but I do feel that it's inherent as soon as you start playing the game regularly. You want to beat your previous best, break 100 and then 90 so of course there's disappointment when you don't play as well as you'd like or know you can. I've been last in club comps before and had the mickey taken but the following week it's someone else and it goes around. Go out, try your best but don't sweat the small stuff

W Murfitt

Visit site
How many balls did you lose, looks plenty of water;);)

Used to play a couple of par 3 courses in Essex(Badgers Par 3 and Garons Par3)

The badgers was a cracking course, had some great holes and really enjoyed it and found it alot of fun.

In some ways a shame there isn't more par 3 courses, but suppose demand just isn't there and tbh don't think I have played a par 3 course since the son was very young.

well a few balls were lost in the making of this 3 part video... nailcote is a cracking little course, if you get a chance to come and play be sure to come and check it out. I think there should be some more par3 courses and host tournements etc.

W Murfitt

Visit site
I've been lucky enough to play with the OP and he certainly doesn't take himself seriously and was a joy to play with. None of us on the day had a good round and we simply took the mickey looked for the balls and tried to score as well as we could. He's a decent singly figure player and will get the form back. Of course we shouldn't worry about it but I do feel that it's inherent as soon as you start playing the game regularly. You want to beat your previous best, break 100 and then 90 so of course there's disappointment when you don't play as well as you'd like or know you can. I've been last in club comps before and had the mickey taken but the following week it's someone else and it goes around. Go out, try your best but don't sweat the small stuff
yes Martin, trying to improve and beat your score is all part of the fun sometimes... you win some you lose some!
Whats OP?

Visit site
TBH pretty much on every tread, how you see the game is rammed down your throat, plus i suggest you stop having sly digs when ever you get the chance, and maybe climb down of that high horse one in a while and take on board other opinions and point of views
Comes across as preaching, always has and always will.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
There are a few things that get posted that are shortened. Some you can work out some you have to ask. I'm pretty sure I asked the OP question as well.

I agree on your comment. The trick is to find a job that fits your personality. Life is sooooooo much better when that happens.

W Murfitt

Visit site
There are a few things that get posted that are shortened. Some you can work out some you have to ask. I'm pretty sure I asked the OP question as well.

I agree on your comment. The trick is to find a job that fits your personality. Life is sooooooo much better when that happens.

Can't agree more, just wish the jobs that you enjoy pay the money to keep a roof over our head and keep food on the table with and allow us to have some nice things in our lives, holidays etc. So i took a compromise, i have a job that is OK, i just get my head down and get on with it and put all my passion into my YouTube Channel. it's opened some windows and opportunities, and the more i can do the better opportunities can arise.

This i believe is the reasoning behind many youtubers that try and push there channels, as it's something they are extremely passionate about, I've just passed the 200 subscriber barrier last week, and it's such a fantastic feeling. knowing that people watch and enjoy my content. No i'm not in the big league with the Rick Shills, Peter Finch & Mark Crossfields but its something to look up to and a level that one day i hope that i too can reach the heights that these guys have achieved.

It's not a business i'm doing it for the enjoyment and the fact i want to get my story across to others, through the good times and bad.

Life is too short but make it what you want it to be!