Golf In Scotland.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Yahoo! From Friday we can now cross local authority borders. Looking forward to seeing my pals in East Lothian and Grandweans in Oban . ☺☺☺
No football on Saturday this week - wee trip to the academy range in St Andrews me thinks and a wander down the side of the Old Course with a camera to take some snaps.

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Was originally booked to play the Castle Course on Sunday but it got cancelled due to cross region bans unfortunately. Managed to book Dumbarnie for mid May ?

HowlingGale

Head Pro
Visit site
Will this change to the travel restrictions change the current silly rule re informal exercise?
Hope so. You can't get much more formal that booking onto a computer system 8 days in advance, adhering to strict rules whilst wearing clothes that meet stringent guidelines. Informal is a kick about in the park with your pals, not a game of golf.
Think they've made an absolute baws of that rule.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Doesn't cross border just mean between Scotland and England and not County to County

I read it as county border, but you may have a point as it is not crystal...

Edit...
Scot Gov are not "allowing" travel between England and Scotland until 26th. So cross-border must be council areas.

People who live in the likes of Eyemouth who shop in Berwick will, quite rightly, ignore that "rule".

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
So we can now play in 3s and 4s without any restrictions but those who live in another local authority can’t play in medals? ??‍♂️
Total nonsense.

It's not nonsense, the stay local rule is still in place and is being lifted early on Friday rather than the original 26th April. People who live in Perth and Kinross shouldn't be golfing in Fife for example. Its not the SGU's rule it's the governments