Golf Holiday Recomendations

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site
Sorry for posting 2 threads in quick sucession, but just joined the forum and had two questions to ask.I would like to go on a golfing holiday in Europe at some point, prferably somehwere warm, but find the resort deals rather pricey. I usually stay in an Airbnb fly budget and so have a 7-10 day holiday for the price of a 3 day golfing holiday.So I was thinking of doing what I normally do but bring my clubs and base myself off of the resorts and just pay and play, I'm presuming it would be cheaper. However having never played in Europe I have no idea of where to look, other than the Algarve.I have no problem with the Algarve but if anyone out there has any good tips for courses that I could play I would very much appreciate it

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sorry for posting 2 threads in quick sucession, but just joined the forum and had two questions to ask.I would like to go on a golfing holiday in Europe at some point, prferably somehwere warm, but find the resort deals rather pricey. I usually stay in an Airbnb fly budget and so have a 7-10 day holiday for the price of a 3 day golfing holiday.So I was thinking of doing what I normally do but bring my clubs and base myself off of the resorts and just pay and play, I'm presuming it would be cheaper. However having never played in Europe I have no idea of where to look, other than the Algarve.I have no problem with the Algarve but if anyone out there has any good tips for courses that I could play I would very much appreciate it

we never book hotels/packages for our golf trips (who needs a hotel when you can get a villa etc for half the price).

Algarve is exceptional for golf, couldn't recommend it enough. All courses are pretty good, especially Monte Rei, Quinta Da Lago (x3), The old Course and San Lorenzo

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site
Brilliant, thanks for tips. I will have a look at them. As luck would have it I have a friend who is from and lives in the Algarve I may see if I can find me somewhere cheap to stay

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Brilliant, thanks for tips. I will have a look at them. As luck would have it I have a friend who is from and lives in the Algarve I may see if I can find me somewhere cheap to stay

Mid/late Sept is a cheap time to go as School holidays are over and the golf season hasnt quite kicked in yet. we paid about £600 TOTAL for a 4 bed villa (With private pool) that would have been £2000+ in the summer holidays. it was a 5min walk to vilamoura marina

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Another one for the algarve. Stayed in Vilamoura and albuferia and much prefer Vilamoura. Some of the courses vary from OK to exceptional bordering on world class with the prices to match. So there's a bit of everything for everyone. Biggest problem re Algarve is so many nice courses to play in such a short time. The evenings spent in and around the Marina just finish off a day perfectly. If playing sept - Oct. look at getting twilight deals/ booking times after 2.00 pm. The prices drop considerably. It tends not to be to hot and you should quite easily get 18 holes in. Ave said this before on here. Check out Peter and Claire Lester golf who are based in Vilamoura for golf course prices. If you do it before you go you have a better chance of the twilight rounds. Enjoy me man.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I did Twilight in June @ Vale Do Lobo (both fairly average IMO) but paid $60 per round rather than £105 for the tee time 8mins before us!

Yup that is what I was on about. I tended to find that also because folk knew about the twilight deals.
A, the last few tee times befor 2.00 pm were not filled because folk would rather hang on another half an hour and save a good wedge.
B, also you could play at a decent rate coz the course was empty in front of you..

PS, one of my fave courses I have played was Palmares, thought some of the holes were just stunning. Price for that course includes a buggy. but to get to it you will need a car. A taxi or transfer could cost a bob or two.

Last edited: