Golf Genius App / System

sweaty sock

Hacker
Visit site
Terms of Competitions for YUGC Members Meetings.

Returning Scores
YUGC County Members meetings currently use the Golf Genius Computerised Mobile scoring system. This is the official scoring system for County Members meetings. Players are required to enter their scores onto the computerised electronic scoring system using the relevant App. Player failing to ensure that their scores are entered onto the scoring system without worthy cause will be deemed to have returned a No Score.
A player’s score is ‘officially returned’ when the player electronically submits their score at the end of the round. At the end of the round players are required to report to the check-in desk where they will verbally confirm their scores. Once the players leave the check-desk, the score is posted and cannot be changed.
I wonder if, 'no phone reception' or 'low battery' are considered worthy causes.

Also, how ive used the system, the above doesnt really work....
One player enters the scores for the whole group, and submits the scores for the whole group. Once there submitted by the player Ive never had to attest or counter sign... except for submitting a physical card.

I'll definately be mentioning how old and weak my phone is...

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
it won’t slow down play by 10/15 minutes. It’s no different to pulling a scorecard out of a pocket and filling in numbers. You can do it whilst waiting to tee off, whilst walking up a fairway.

it’s not a cumbersome effort, and it’s good to see golf eventually beginning to move with the times
Our Yorkshire Union asks us to do this whilst another in the group completes a card. I've done it several times & have not found it to be an issue at all. On completion, we confirm the scores & hand the card in. All very simple to do & saves the organizers the task of inputting numerous cards.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I wonder if, 'no phone reception' or 'low battery' are considered worthy causes.

Also, how ive used the system, the above doesnt really work....
One player enters the scores for the whole group, and submits the scores for the whole group. Once there submitted by the player Ive never had to attest or counter sign... except for submitting a physical card.

I'll definately be mentioning how old and weak my phone is...
We're asked to bring a fully charged phone...... mines a pretty old smart phone.
You don't need continuous reception as what you input catches up as soon as the reception is regained..... must say that in these circumstances it would not be very good to see whose falling behind on the course.

NearHull

Visit site
Despite the Genius App being simple to use, the first pair registering in the YUGC four ball will always choose to mark the confirmatory hardcopy scorecard.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Despite the Genius App being simple to use, the first pair registering in the YUGC four ball will always choose to mark the confirmatory hardcopy scorecard.
In the YUGC team and other championships at least one player will volunteer for the GG app first. Rarely does anyone volunteer for the card until the assistant starter leans on someone.
Perhaps it's an age thing. I haven't done the Seniors for a while but have the championship this week. I'll see what happens.

sunshine

Visit site
For me it means opening a bag pocket, taking out phone, opening phone, opening app, adding scores, checking they're right as its easy to skip or miss holes, closing phone putting back in bag. Then repeating the process with the card.

Bit of a faff if you need to fill out a card AND the app. Isn't the app meant to replace filling out a physical card?

Obviously you could keep your phone in your pocket instead of the scorecard, but I agree it is more cumbersome to enter the scores in an app.