“Body” of Golf supported - what about “The Head”

GraCel

Visit site
I'm still a bit lost on the topic

Why would a golf clubs 'duty of care' to a 2 handicap player paying membership of say 750pa be any different from the duty of care it has to an 18 handicap player paying 750pa
Hi Slab - I introduced the topic, not because I was concerned about some level of negligence on behalf of Clubs, rather that it is my opinion that Golf Clubs may serve their Members better when they hold on to what, in my 70 year experience of memberships, seems to me, a better way to do things!
Because of recent experiences, of my better half, where Ladies Sections seem to have abandoned “Divisions” and any interest in “Gross Scores”, it just so happens that is also my experience in local Male Sections, I was just trying to get some feed back in the “Wider Market”!
I feel that the best clubs I have experienced in Lancashire, South Africa, USA and Scotland were still running their competitions with “Divisions / Gross Prizes etc. even when their Low Handicap Numbers were not significant!
I happen to like this way of doing things others are absolutely entitled to their views!
Graham

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thanks for your contribution Louise, enjoy the rest of the season at Ellesmere G.C. Maybe see you next season in the Bell Cup at Leyland!!
Graham Blades

Did you get rid of the travellers ok? we were there for our committee day out a couple of weeks ago.

I would rather play Leyland at home, you beat us in the Bell at Leyland 2 or 3 years ago.

We do have 3 divisions for our weekly comps, but you need the numbers to that and a lot of ladies sections do no have those numbewrs

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Hi Slab - I introduced the topic, not because I was concerned about some level of negligence on behalf of Clubs, rather that it is my opinion that Golf Clubs may serve their Members better when they hold on to what, in my 70 year experience of memberships, seems to me, a better way to do things!
Because of recent experiences, of my better half, where Ladies Sections seem to have abandoned “Divisions” and any interest in “Gross Scores”, it just so happens that is also my experience in local Male Sections, I was just trying to get some feed back in the “Wider Market”!
I feel that the best clubs I have experienced in Lancashire, South Africa, USA and Scotland were still running their competitions with “Divisions / Gross Prizes etc. even when their Low Handicap Numbers were not significant!
I happen to like this way of doing things others are absolutely entitled to their views!
Graham

I agree, everyone should be a member of a club that oparates in line with, and shares, similar values...

But it's still a chichen and egg scenario
Do you offer scratch prizes and divisions in order to attract low handicap players where insufficient numbers exist or introduce (or continue running) these divisions only when there is sufficient low handicap players to justify and warrent it

GraCel

Visit site
Did you get rid of the travellers ok? we were there for our committee day out a couple of weeks ago.

I would rather play Leyland at home, you beat us in the Bell at Leyland 2 or 3 years ago.

We do have 3 divisions for our weekly comps, but you need the numbers to that and a lot of ladies sections do no have those numbewrs
Morning Louise, “our” Travellers keep stopping buy, keeps the bailiffs busy! Our “Directors” don’t like making commitment to spending the “necessary” to close the entrance down! Committed to keeping cost down for the “sake of the members”!
Celia tells me she would rather play Ellesmere at Leyland, strange that! 😂
Leyland ladies usually turn out 35, or so, bodies for their competitions on Wednesday and Sunday. No Divisions, no Gross Prizes!
Course opened at 1200 hrs today with Comp cancelled, we played late yesterday but it was pretty soft!
Take care Graham

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Morning Louise, “our” Travellers keep stopping buy, keeps the bailiffs busy! Our “Directors” don’t like making commitment to spending the “necessary” to close the entrance down! Committed to keeping cost down for the “sake of the members”!
Celia tells me she would rather play Ellesmere at Leyland, strange that! 😂
Leyland ladies usually turn out 35, or so, bodies for their competitions on Wednesday and Sunday. No Divisions, no Gross Prizes!
Course opened at 1200 hrs today with Comp cancelled, we played late yesterday but it was pretty soft!
Take care Graham

If you have been playing for 70 years and Celia is of a similar age I may well have been beaten by her in the previously mentioned post, I certainly played a lady in her 70s who was single figures.

GraCel

Visit site
If you have been playing for 70 years and Celia is of a similar age I may well have been beaten by her in the previously mentioned post, I certainly played a lady in her 70s who was single figures.
Celia says “Sorry” but she can’t remember who she played from Ellesmere! She thinks it must be your good self. Celia’s about 5’ 1/2” ”high” and 100 lbs with all her waterproofs on!
I’ve just gone past 80 and whilst I cant mention Celia’s age I can say that I was 25 when we married and she was 20!😇
If it was you, you are in decent company as I well remember Catherine Roberts being glad to get off Leyland at the 17th and 18th a few year back!
I’ve just been checking you out Louise and your Facebook is very reminiscent of Leyland’s own (and Ashton-under-Lyne’s own) Ann Ashworth, you both must wear out at least 1 mobile phone camera per year!
Regards Graham