Golf Fitness

thelank1985

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hi Guys,
I have been playing golf now for about 4 years, I love the sport but would like to get a little more out of it :).
I have been looking around at golf fitness techniques and wondering if you guys knew of any really good exercises to increase flexibility, strength and balance particularly that would help the golf swing.

Or would I be better off getting a personal trainer to help? It’s a bit expensive tho J.
Any help greatly received.

Dave B

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Do a search on Youtube for "golf fitness" or "golf excercises" there are loads of clips on there most of which can be carried out in the front room

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
TPI is great and I had a few sessions with a PT who was accredited by them and it was really useful. Mainly injury prevention but also made me much more stable through the swing.

T

thecraw

Bottle of water, an apple or banana, a Mars Bar (substitute in any chocolate bar) an 18 hole walk, swinging and hitting a wee white ball. That's the sum of my golf exercise!

Recovery time is fueled by a steak pie and chips plus a pint of ice cold.

Champion.

:thup:

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Get a powerball!

Using one has strengthen my wrists so I can keep them out of the swing rather than breaking or casting as the swing speed increases.

Its not about using them in the swing, its building the strength so they do what they are supposed to better!

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Bottle of water, an apple or banana, a Mars Bar (substitute in any chocolate bar) an 18 hole walk, swinging and hitting a wee white ball. That's the sum of my golf exercise!

Recovery time is fueled by a steak pie and chips plus a pint of ice cold.

Champion.

:thup:

Steak pie and chips in the clubhouse was how we used to measure how good a course was

:rofl:

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Hi Guys,
I have been playing golf now for about 4 years, I love the sport but would like to get a little more out of it :).
I have been looking around at golf fitness techniques and wondering if you guys knew of any really good exercises to increase flexibility, strength and balance particularly that would help the golf swing.

Or would I be better off getting a personal trainer to help? It’s a bit expensive tho J.
Any help greatly received.

heres one I keep in my favourites, maybe the best 'golf lesson' ever for your swing

[video=youtube_share;bk06DErc3rc]http://youtu.be/bk06DErc3rc[/video]

http://youtu.be/bk06DErc3rc