Golf course Gloucester

• Thread starter Deleted member 21258
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 21258

Anyone played in the area or from that area, that could recommend any courses within say 1-1.5 hours drive to play?

Not looking for any top courses, as am visiting away courses and going to play B&B, so ideally a normal(ie. cheaper) course that has the wow with it and bring a smile to my face(great views of the holes or view of each hole that makes you think or hilly, etc something like that).

Ideally something that wont be muddy or under water, as it will be in the winter.:(

Thanks in advance.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Another one I've played recently and is an easy drive from Gloucester, The Worcestershire in Malvern. Was in good nick, has some nice holes and is up and down without being a slog. Twilight rates are £20 currently.
Played in the English Mid Am there a few years ago, thought it was pleasant enough.

Beedee

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Puckrup is in decent nick at the moment (full disclosure - I'm a member there). Tewkesbury Park is also quite good. Both are gently rolling parkland courses.

Painswick and Cleeve Hill are common land courses so you have to like walkers/bikers/horse riders (and be fond of lots of sheep and cow poo in the case of Cleeve Hill). Painswick in particular is very cheap and, to my mind anyway, much more memorable than Cleeve. Some fabulous views of the Cotswolds.

Lilleybrook in Cheltenham is also good if you like views of the Cotswolds. 12-18 definately meet the "hilly" criteria.

JayB

Visit site
Sorry to hijact but any opinions on Gloucester Golf Club? I work nearby and have some early starts and late nights over the next couple of weeks so thought I might take myself away once or twice during the day for 18 holes.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Puckrup is in decent nick at the moment (full disclosure - I'm a member there). Tewkesbury Park is also quite good. Both are gently rolling parkland courses.

Painswick and Cleeve Hill are common land courses so you have to like walkers/bikers/horse riders (and be fond of lots of sheep and cow poo in the case of Cleeve Hill). Painswick in particular is very cheap and, to my mind anyway, much more memorable than Cleeve. Some fabulous views of the Cotswolds.

Lilleybrook in Cheltenham is also good if you like views of the Cotswolds. 12-18 definately meet the "hilly" criteria.
I hit a sheep with my tee shot at the first at Cleeve Hill. Probably thought it was safe being on the fairway.:eek:

D

Deleted member 21258

Thanks everyone, plenty of ideas, had a peek at some of them and they look fun. Cheers(y)