Golf Balls - Your Top Three

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I struggle for distance so use those that I feel help with that in the winter so play
Winter
AD333
Titleist NXT (Still got lots left)
Titleist Tour Speed/Tour Soft

Summer where I get more roll and the greens are firmer
Titleist Pro V1x
Srixon Z star
Callaway Chrome Soft

For me, it is about finding a ball that works for the conditions and that works for the way I hit the ball and deliver the club. It also has to feel nice around the green and off the putter

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
[QUOTE="Boomy, post: 2441887, member: 29338"

I play Chromesofts, have done since starting back in September 20 - I’ve tried other balls but just prefer every aspect of the Chromesofts - the Srixon Z star would be my second choice if I couldn’t play the Callaways. I am tempted to try the Bridgestone Tour B RXS (in yellow) out of curiosity and as I fear yellow Chromesofts are going to be hard to get this coming season.

I believe the Bridgestone Tour B RXS is designed to capitalise on lower swing speeds (<105mph)[/QUOTE]

The current Bridgestone Tour B RXS (green box) is pretty similar to the original chrome soft (not the odd feeling Graphene version) also worth considering the RZN MS - Tour . I tried both balls side by side as I have run out of ProV1s and they are almost identical. The RZN are about half the cost of Prov1s.

If you like the feel of the Graphene version of Chromesoft seek out the older Red boxed B RXS.

Boomy

Visit site
[QUOTE="Boomy, post: 2441887, member: 29338"

I play Chromesofts, have done since starting back in September 20 - I’ve tried other balls but just prefer every aspect of the Chromesofts - the Srixon Z star would be my second choice if I couldn’t play the Callaways. I am tempted to try the Bridgestone Tour B RXS (in yellow) out of curiosity and as I fear yellow Chromesofts are going to be hard to get this coming season.

I believe the Bridgestone Tour B RXS is designed to capitalise on lower swing speeds (<105mph)

The current Bridgestone Tour B RXS (green box) is pretty similar to the original chrome soft (not the odd feeling Graphene version) also worth considering the RZN MS - Tour . I tried both balls side by side as I have run out of ProV1s and they are almost identical. The RZN are about half the cost of Prov1s.

If you like the feel of the Graphene version of Chromesoft seek out the older Red boxed B RXS.[/QUOTE]

Cheers Jim ?? I’ll have a look about for some to try - are the green box RXS’s much different? (If you’ve know or have tried them)

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
fantastic, thanks for posting. Love the customisable comparison table half way down the page. Doesn't fit me exactly, but I'm closest to slow swing speeds as listed there

It reinforces I'm right to dump the Inesis that I played this year, it felt short.

I've already bought a year's supply of TM Tour Response (cost/special offer), and looking at that I'm happy, especially the low spin off the driver

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

If you like the feel of the Graphene version of Chromesoft seek out the older Red boxed B RXS.

Cheers Jim ?? I’ll have a look about for some to try - are the green box RXS’s much different? (If you’ve know or have tried them)[/QUOTE]

I have used the Bridgestone RXS for years but when they run out I tried the red ones and, like the graphene version of the Chromesoft, I found the feel odd in comparison with the older version I bought and tried the green version just before Xmas and was much more happy with them. Performance of both was very good.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I like a Pro v during the season, ie when's warm ish at least, in winter for me I lose so much distance with one I tend to go to a much softer ball. Used a callaway supersoft yesterday, but have been using the Srixon Q star tour, even used these during summer a couple of years ago but when I switched to G I clubs I didn't have much control over distance and when the greens fired up I could not get them to stop.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I must say I like the Srixon Z stars but as a 17 h/c I don’t think it would make much difference what ball I use.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I must say I like the Srixon Z stars but as a 17 h/c I don’t think it would make much difference what ball I use.
A mate of mine has always used, well, anything he found....didn't care what it was.
Played off high 20s....
I gave him some slightly older ProV1s last year and he's been using them ever since.
Currently playing some of the best golf he's played in years....loves the ball.....control around the greens is remarkable.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
A mate of mine has always used, well, anything he found....didn't care what it was.
Played off high 20s....
I gave him some slightly older ProV1s last year and he's been using them ever since.
Currently playing some of the best golf he's played in years....loves the ball.....control around the greens is remarkable.

Suppose we’re all different my son got me a box of ProV1s and I never saw any improvement in my game using them.

I’m very skeptical ?. Don’t think anyone my h/c and above will matter much which ball they use.

But that’s not to say I’m disbelieving you about your mate?