Golf Balls - Your Top Three

Old Colner

Club Champion
Visit site
I don't usually get on with the ProV's either (still using NXT Tours), I have been using one I dug out from the bottom of my bag for the last few rounds with some very good results regarding both ball flight and distance, resulting in some good scores (4 under hcap) will have to re-evaluate in the spring.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Found one of these at the weekend. Was very impressed https://mizunogolf.com/uk/balls/rb-tour/

Not sure Mizuno golf balls are that well known in the ball market so hard to know if many club golfers will have had the opportunity to try them and see if they suit

Interesting....i tried the Mizuno RB566 and 566v balls last year and didnt take to them at all. Wasnt aware of the RB-Tour.....,might have to give them a go!!!

I notice that they have employed Bridgestones old "dual dimple" design.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Interesting....i tried the Mizuno RB566 and 566v balls last year and didnt take to them at all. Wasnt aware of the RB-Tour.....,might have to give them a go!!!

I got given a dozen RB Tour X last year...Boy do they spin....
They come up shorter than most other balls as a result so, for me, they're definitely a summer ball when a bit more spin will help keep the ball on our greens.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I did find two Chrome Softs recently and used them, found them pretty good, but now that I've seen the numbers from the testing I think they'll be a good fit for me as well.

The trouble with using balls you found is the problem of identifying which years model you found. I loved the early version of the Chromesoft bought 3 dozen of the graphene version played one for 5 holes and resold them.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site

When ever I've tried a premium Mizuno ball it's always been shorter than a pro v.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
The trouble with using balls you found is the problem of identifying which years model you found. I loved the early version of the Chromesoft bought 3 dozen of the graphene version played one for 5 holes and resold them.
I doubt that I'll hate it that much. At worse I'd probably use at least 8 of them before leaving the rest in my drawer for the next 5 years. :LOL:

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site

Gives me some comfort to find that it wasn't just me who found the Graphene Chromesoft a totally alien species of golf ball then!!! I think I persevered for about three months with them in the belief that it must be my fault. Weird flight, no distance, drop out of the sky for no reason - basically the balls behaved like a duck that had been winged by a shotgun blast.