Golf app for smart watch

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Any suggestions for a free (preferably) golf app for a samsung smart watch.

Have been trying home 19 but it burns through battery life pretty quickly, sometime doesn't make an 18 hole round.

Tia

Smoj

Visit site
I've been using The Grint, it works well, fortunately, I started to pay for the full version before they hiked up the price, which they kept the price the same for subscribers before the price hike.
I think you can use it without subscribing, but some of the features are missing.

If I didn't use The Grint i would use 18 Birdies, the free version is pretty good.

I use these apps with an Apple Watch Ultra, and they work fine.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Any suggestions for a free (preferably) golf app for a samsung smart watch.

Have been trying home 19 but it burns through battery life pretty quickly, sometime doesn't make an 18 hole round.

Tia
Is the battery issue with your phone or your watch?

I’ve used Hole 19 for a few years and never had an issue with the battery. iPhone and Apple Watch.

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Is the battery issue with your phone or your watch?

I’ve used Hole 19 for a few years and never had an issue with the battery. iPhone and Apple Watch.
Yeh, was going to ask the same question, no issues with mine lasting and I’ve used hole19 for years.

As for other apps, when my hole19 subscription finished last month I spent a few weeks trying other apps, found none were as good as hole19 and so I paid up again for another year. Golf shot was ok, bit fiddly. The Taylormade app isn’t bad either, that’s totally free.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hole 19 for me, tried loads and it was by far the best and easiest to use, this is on an Apple Watch Ultra btw.
I did also like the Taylormade one, very simple to use and the UI was very good but Hole 19 allows you to use the gps on your watch rather than phone.
Oooh that’s a thought, have you disabled gps on the watch and set it to use your phone gps? Maybe if it’s using the watch gps then that would explain the poor battery performance 🤔

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Does the phone have battery issues with other apps, or just Hole 19? If it's an old handset, maybe an upgrade would be an idea?
It's a 1 year old pixel.
Doesn't drain normally and I've shut down all other apps when I've tried it.
I'll try one of the other apps and see if this happens with these.