GM staff v GM forum - The Result

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
TommyMorris, well done, Mr greenkeeper,

The course was in great nick. The greens were immaculate, especially for this time of year. Thanks to good play, the work to the bunkers wasn't an issue (for the other 3 guys in my group at least).

There's not a bad hole on the course, by the way. I will have fond memories of it and thoroughly recommend it to all and sundry. I'm guessing it get's overlooked a little by the tourists, thanks to the Old & New courses.

And yes, I was the one with the wayward teeshot off the 6th you're referring to! Where my ball ended up isn't even shown on the course guide. I believe you call it the 14th fairway. I was left with a lovely blind shot over the gorse to negotiate. (I'm pretty sure we all parred that one, though.)

Didn't realise we had a fellow forum member watching from the wings. You should have come over and said hello if you were nearby. We know the name, would have been nice to put a face to it.

Cheers for working it with the weather, too. The forecast was appalling but we couldn't have had more than 10 minutes of rain the whole round. :D

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
JezzE,

Well done for yesterday. Great play. Never to be forgotten.

I won't bang on about it but in honour of the occasion I've had some tees made up with your initials on them.

JezzsTee.jpg

Thanks

J_F