GM National Final details

• Thread starter Deleted Member 1156
  • Start date

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Guys, as you may now be aware I have taken the reigns on this so I ask to bear with me for a few days to I digest what has been put in place by D4S and what the regional organisers have done. If anyone has questions, queries or ideas either drop me a pm or email.

All I will add for now is this.

This event is supposed to be a bit of fun and create an entertaining event for people all over the UK to play in, dates and venues will always be contentious and they won't suit everyone. If you can't make the final then there is nothing stopping you attending any regional meet without entering the national comp but ultimately we want as many to play in the national event as possible as it makes the prizes on offer that little bit better.

Can we put any issues aside and move on.

Gordon, thanks for all your efforts.

D

Deleted member 17920

Guys, as you may now be aware I have taken the reigns on this so I ask to bear with me for a few days to I digest what has been put in place by D4S and what the regional organisers have done. If anyone has questions, queries or ideas either drop me a pm or email.

This event is supposed to be a bit of fun and create an entertaining event for people all over the UK to play in, dates and venues will always be contentious and they won't suit everyone. If you can't make the final then there is nothing stopping you attending any regional meet without entering the national comp but ultimately we want as many to play in the national event as possible as it makes the prizes on offer that little bit better.

Gordon, thanks for all your efforts.
The voice of reason :clap: Well done Val for taking this on :thup:

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site

Gordon, thanks for all your efforts

:clap: :clap:

and well done Val for taking over the reins good luck.

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
Well said Martin, good on you for taking it on and well done Gordon for laying the groundwork.

FWIW I didn't intend to have a go, just giving an opinion, but wish I hadn't given the storm that whipped up. Sorry.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Well that was an interesting read, I hadn't spotted the topic before so just read it through :eek: Glad I didn't get any grief when I changed my regional date for the Cheltenham Festival snigger.gif

Anyway, Well done Gordon for getting this far, I know how tough it was for Dave last year as we used to email each other regularly as he came across frustrating hurdles and well done Martin for picking up the batten, any help you need from any of us regional organisers I'm sure we'll all chip in where we can, just ask away pal :thup:

I'm now going to look upon some of the locals or any other forumites who may be stopping over for a round on Friday as with the later tee time I'll be dammed if I'm doing a 5hr round and then not be able to have a drink (I'll need 1 or 2) and then drive close on 3hrs arriving home in the early hours, so I'll be stopping over in Southport, I know a few nice bars and a decent curry house from last year :cheers: I'm thinking an early morning-ish tee at West Lancs to give that another look, although I did enjoy it mostly last time or maybe Wallasey (nudge nudge wink wink).

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Robin, thanks for that. I'm unsure of what I'll do work wise on the Friday so if I'm off Wallasey will be on the cards but I cannot make that call until nearer the date