GM Dream 18

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Had a look on Hankleys website, and the hole certainly gets some good reviews,also saw some more photos.

As I say I've never played Hankley so you will have a much better idea of the hole than me ,if you say it's one of the best that's good enough for me:thup:

But the view from the tee doesn't look that inspiring to me , and I've seen much better imo ,that opinion might change if I played the course .
It is a stunning hole. Furthest point from clubhouse, which means it is surrounding bu hundreds of acres of natural heathland. All carry over thick heather, to a small sloping green. You don't want to be putting from above the hole.:eek: Only heathland par three which I think is its equal is the 5th Sunningdale New. Both holes are similar length off the whites, around 180 yards.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Had a look on Hankleys website, and the hole certainly gets some good reviews,also saw some more photos.

As I say I've never played Hankley so you will have a much better idea of the hole than me ,if you say it's one of the best that's good enough for me:thup:

But the view from the tee doesn't look that inspiring to me , and I've seen much better imo ,that opinion might change if I played the course .

It was a brute into the wind at H4H last year and all your could see other than the green perched atop the hill was a sea of lavender. Visually stunning at one of the highest points of the course looking over the whole place. Great hole and worthy of its place on the list

D

Deleted Member 1156

The picture doesn't really do it justice. The tee and green are much more elevated than the photo shows and the green is quite small with a distinct 2 tiers. As Strokesavers often say, par here is a good score!

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Going to be controversial here and having never played it probably not allowed an opinion, but the 18th a Carnoustie really doesn't look that amazing. Take out the burn and its just another par 4.

The last 3 at Carnoustie are possibly the toughest closing 3 holes in golf, and I'd have the 17th in that list before the 17th on TOC.

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
We may have done on the forum, but I am talking about a GM list, chosen by experts.:whistle:

Experts or not, it’s pretty meaningless unless the holes selection reflects their actual real life position. That’s a more difficult skill, to pick a composite course that flows IMO