Gloves - what's good these days?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I tried one a few years ago. Really liked it but it wore ridiculously quickly, under a month from memory, so I gave up on them. Has the durability improved? I'd happily try them again if so.
A lot of us got a freebie when they started up. They camemon here offering a free glove to help get them out there..
Great glove......for about a round and a half...

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
A lot of us got a freebie when they started up. They camemon here offering a free glove to help get them out there..
I think that was how I got mine now you mention it.I seem to remember it was a pretty consistent failure across the forum now that you have jogged my memory.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I tried one a few years ago. Really liked it but it wore ridiculously quickly, under a month from memory, so I gave up on them. Has the durability improved? I'd happily try them again if so.
I used a Zero Friction glove last year, it lasted several months, about the same as any other typical glove. But I have skinny fingers so the one-size fits all model feels a touch loose for me.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Zero Friction, strange name for a glove that is supposed to enhance your grip. ?
I have tried loads over the years but always end up going back to Footjoy Permasoft.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Zero Friction, strange name for a glove that is supposed to enhance your grip. ?
I have tried loads over the years but always end up going back to Footjoy Permasoft.
Yeah it's really dumb, I think it's because they originally made tees which were meant to have 'zero friction' with the ball, and then they branched out into making gloves. Should've changed the name. :LOL:

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yeah it's really dumb, I think it's because they originally made tees which were meant to have 'zero friction' with the ball, and then they branched out into making gloves. Should've changed the name. :LOL:
I used to find a few of those tees on the course but not seen any for ages. Always broken though so have never tried one.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I used to find a few of those tees on the course but not seen any for ages. Always broken though so have never tried one.
I know the phrase is marginal gains, but honestly, in terms of things making no difference to my game I draw the line a lot earlier than the shape of the tee. :LOL:

(Incidentally if you buy their gloves they give you one tee for free with it so I did use it once or twice.)

RichA

Visit site
I bought a pair of MacWet climatec at the start of winter. They've been great for playing with 2 gloved hands when it's cold and are incredibly well fitting and comfortable. Also great on just the left hand when it warms up. After probably 30 rounds, they are showing no signs of wear at all.
My Mizuno Comp gloves normally last about 6 rounds before they split or wear through and they aren't as comfortable. I'll be using the MacWets year round from now on.

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
Yet to find something as good as the old taylormade targa from around 2017-2018. Thankfully I stocked up but I’ll need to find something new by the end of summer

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
Bought 6x GX Gloves direct from their site on a whim in January. Was impressed when they came. £39.99 for 6 leather gloves was worth the 'risk' that they wouldn't be very good. They're great. super comfy, so far after 2 rounds look unused.

I did have reason to email their customer service, and they sorted my issue immediately. I'll be going back to them when I need more!

Canary Kid

Assistant Pro
Visit site

I have had no problems ... they seem quite durable. Perhaps some people are harder on gloves for some reason ?.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have had no problems ... they seem quite durable. Perhaps some people are harder on gloves for some reason ?.
It may have been production / quality problems when they first started. @Imurg has it right. A bundle of people on here got them on an offer and they all had problems. I haven't had problems with other gloves.

I might try them again though based on what you say as they were very comfy.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
still on the Srixon Cabretta, the old ones. get them from sports direct 2 for £15 i think, you have to check the contents, some tee leaf switches the synthetic packs over as you get 2 of them for £10. always have to check the packs, someone hasn't done the switch.

These are still head and shoulders better than anything else i've tried including the new version