Giving GOLFTV a try

Seanz25

Visit site
Gonna assume they messed up by allowing you access this weekend if we're going off this on Twitter support.... :ROFLMAO:
Anyway do keep us posted as not convinced they have a clue themselves tbh!

1548858197283.png

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site
Maybe their business model is 'it's only £5 a month, we can wing it'

The scheduled Round 1 of The Phoenix Waste Management Open was supposed to go live from 2.15pm(GMT), still not gone live yet over half an hour later...

I'll be sure to update over the weekend, from reading certain articles online since your posts, I can't even see any rights about the UK however this info is from December so may have changes.

Maybe the feature hole is available over the weekend? They definitely put a lot of emphasis into the Par 3 and Par 5 however coverage wasn't limited to these specific holes. :unsure:

Even I'm confused now haha.

In the content availability tab it mentions the featured groups being limited to Thurs and Fri and then mentions the Featured Holes but doesn't put any details about the restrictions, maybe this is available in the UK? Or they messed up and didn't restrict the coverage to the UK:

https://content.golf.tv

About GolfTV

GOLFTV is a digital video streaming platform and will be available in all international markets (excluding China and South Korea) from January 2019. It will feature a wide range of premium programming and content, including the PGA TOUR’s Featured Holes and Featured Groups live streams.

In addition, full live coverage will be rolled out market by market in accordance with rights activation dates. The full live rights starting dates by territory are shown below for Discovery’s separate agreements with the European Tour and PGA TOUR.

European Tour:

Rights
Commencing
Markets

Exclusive Broadcast and GOLFTV Digital Streaming Rights
Albania, Cyprus, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Malta, Romania, Russia, Spain (sublicense agreed with Movistar+), Turkey, Ukraine.
Iceland, Poland.
Belgium, Netherlands
GOLFTV Digital Streaming Rights

(TV rights-holders retain right to simulcast linear coverage on their digital platform)
Balkan markets, Bulgaria,Estonia, Eurasia markets (Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan), India, Indonesia, Latin American markets,Latvia,Lithuania, Malaysia, Myanmar, Portugal, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand.

Vietnam.
Hong Kong.
Czech Republic, Pan-Middle East, Slovakia.
(Excluding Ryder Cup)
Germany, Switzerland, Austria.

Read more at http://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/news/newsid=363578.html#err0Jept3K7eEPzG.99

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Maybe their business model is 'it's only £5 a month, we can wing it'

The scheduled Round 1 of The Phoenix Waste Management Open was supposed to go live from 2.15pm(GMT), still not gone live yet over half an hour later...

I'll be sure to update over the weekend, from reading certain articles online since your posts, I can't even see any rights about the UK however this info is from December so may have changes.

Maybe the feature hole is available over the weekend? They definitely put a lot of emphasis into the Par 3 and Par 5 however coverage wasn't limited to these specific holes. :unsure:

Even I'm confused now haha.

In the content availability tab it mentions the featured groups being limited to Thurs and Fri and then mentions the Featured Holes but doesn't put any details about the restrictions, maybe this is available in the UK? Or they messed up and didn't restrict the coverage to the UK:

https://content.golf.tv

About GolfTV

GOLFTV is a digital video streaming platform and will be available in all international markets (excluding China and South Korea) from January 2019. It will feature a wide range of premium programming and content, including the PGA TOUR’s Featured Holes and Featured Groups live streams.

In addition, full live coverage will be rolled out market by market in accordance with rights activation dates. The full live rights starting dates by territory are shown below for Discovery’s separate agreements with the European Tour and PGA TOUR.

European Tour:

Rights
Commencing
Markets

Exclusive Broadcast and GOLFTV Digital Streaming Rights
Albania, Cyprus, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Malta, Romania, Russia, Spain (sublicense agreed with Movistar+), Turkey, Ukraine.
Iceland, Poland.
Belgium, Netherlands

(TV rights-holders retain right to simulcast linear coverage on their digital platform)
Balkan markets, Bulgaria,Estonia, Eurasia markets (Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan), India, Indonesia, Latin American markets,Latvia,Lithuania, Malaysia, Myanmar, Portugal, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand.

Vietnam.
Hong Kong.
Czech Republic, Pan-Middle East, Slovakia.
(Excluding Ryder Cup)
Germany, Switzerland, Austria.

Read more at http://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/news/newsid=363578.html#err0Jept3K7eEPzG.99

Given that round one doesn't start till tomorrow I think they still have time. :LOL:

By the sounds of it, this doesn't seem worth subscribing to at the moment. Gona give it a while before deciding what to do, as its weekend coverage I'm interested in most.

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site
Given that round one doesn't start till tomorrow I think they still have time. :LOL:

By the sounds of it, this doesn't seem worth subscribing to at the moment. Gona give it a while before deciding what to do, as its weekend coverage I'm interested in most.

Dear God it's Wednesday! I was on wind down for the weekend.

Genuinely Distraught!

Grugg

Visit site
Hi fellow golfers newbie here (been lurking for a while) decided to reveal my presence in this thread as I have been toying with joining GolfTV (mainly because of the reasonable cost compared to sky) and today received this reply from them to a query I had concerning UK coverage as have some of you I noticed...anyway hoping it may be of some help

Dear Grugg,

In UK with a Live pass you will have access to the following contents

Featured Groups (live coverage of two high-profile groups throughout their 18-hole rounds) from PGA TOUR events during Thursday and Friday rounds before coverage begins on television in your country.

Featured Holes (live coverage of the event’s most iconic holes) during every PGA TOUR event.

Highlights from every PGA TOUR round and event, on-demand.

Kind regards,
Adam

fcc3762ff0cd753d88109df02eed2c1dc797e7d8.jpg

Seanz25

Visit site
Hi fellow golfers newbie here (been lurking for a while) decided to reveal my presence in this thread as I have been toying with joining GolfTV (mainly because of the reasonable cost compared to sky) and today received this reply from them to a query I had concerning UK coverage as have some of you I noticed...anyway hoping it may be of some help

Dear Grugg,

In UK with a Live pass you will have access to the following contents

Featured Groups (live coverage of two high-profile groups throughout their 18-hole rounds) from PGA TOUR events during Thursday and Friday rounds before coverage begins on television in your country.

Featured Holes (live coverage of the event’s most iconic holes) during every PGA TOUR event.

Highlights from every PGA TOUR round and event, on-demand.

Kind regards,
Adam

fcc3762ff0cd753d88109df02eed2c1dc797e7d8.jpg

From looking on Twitter that's the generic quote they're sending out whenever anyone asks, all their info is really conflicting and super hard to clarify. I don't want to sign up to the then find out they've suddenly started enforcing what was initially meant to be set in place.

Dasit

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Support sky sports

We have the best golf coverage in the world. Far superior to what Americans put out for example.

Lazkir

Head Pro
Visit site
Support sky sports

We have the best golf coverage in the world. Far superior to what Americans put out for example.

I'm not paying £33 per month just to watch golf. Yes there's other sports as well but I can get access to the ones I want to watch by other (legal) means.
£5 pm is only a bit more than a pint of beer (I drink San Miguel), so it's no big deal to me. Hopefully if this takes off we can have decent access to golf at a reasonable price.

Edit: Just tried loging in via VPN (US) and golftv isn't available in the US. I've logged in via other countries and it works ok, so just have to find which countries do have full coverage?

Last edited:

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
On Sunday it was just featured holes. With the odd catch up on what happening elsewhere.

No comparison with full proper coverage, but I find I often don't watch that fully. On one evening basis I found it okay to dip in and out of.

Time will tell but for the price it seemed worth a punt.

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site
Just watching now, to confirm you can pause, rewind etc the live stream.

I just signed in and it allowed me to 'watch from beginning' or 'watch live'.

I started to watch live and it allows me to rewind, pause the stream etc. and fast forward up to the point where it catches back up. There is then a button bottom right that allows you to go live again should you wish.

Dasit

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I'm not paying £33 per month just to watch golf. Yes there's other sports as well but I can get access to the ones I want to watch by other (legal) means.
£5 pm is only a bit more than a pint of beer (I drink San Miguel), so it's no big deal to me. Hopefully if this takes off we can have decent access to golf at a reasonable price.

Edit: Just tried loging in via VPN (US) and golftv isn't available in the US. I've logged in via other countries and it works ok, so just have to find which countries do have full coverage?

I am happy to pay that and more.

£33 Really isn't that much for entertainment.

I am tired of crappy streams online, happy to pay premium for full HD and pause, rewind and taping options.

pool888

Assistant Pro
Visit site
If your willing to pay £33.99 for the Now TV Sports month pass each month you may as well see what price you can get for the full Sky satellite service, we were offered Sky Q with entertainment, Sports, Box Sets, and HD pack (basically everything except movies and kids) for £35 per month on an 18 month contract and you get full multiple channel recording facilities and catch up service and all the extra channels.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
If your willing to pay £33.99 for the Now TV Sports month pass each month you may as well see what price you can get for the full Sky satellite service, we were offered Sky Q with entertainment, Sports, Box Sets, and HD pack (basically everything except movies and kids) for £35 per month on an 18 month contract and you get full multiple channel recording facilities and catch up service and all the extra channels.

I have pretty much the same deal with Sky

pool888

Assistant Pro
Visit site
We've dipped in and out of both Now TV and the full Sky service. Now TV is great for entertainment and movies, much cheaper than Sky as they have regular offers of around £100 for a year of both packs, and virtually all we watch is on demand so we can start the programmes at any time we want. Sport is much better on Sky as you watch so much of it live, the picture quality is better and you can record anything if you are going to miss it.

Seanz25

Visit site
Just watching now, to confirm you can pause, rewind etc the live stream.

I just signed in and it allowed me to 'watch from beginning' or 'watch live'.

I started to watch live and it allows me to rewind, pause the stream etc. and fast forward up to the point where it catches back up. There is then a button bottom right that allows you to go live again should you wish.
Thanks for these updates, shows you how off their support is. Telling me the exact opposite!

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Any further updates or opinions before I take the plunge?

Quite like watching some of the "lesser" tours so this is actually pricking my interest. How easy is it to cast onto my TV from my phone?

Lazkir

Head Pro
Visit site
Very easy to cast, I've done it to both my main TV and my bedroom one. Both times picture was great (HD quality).

As for the content, just be aware it's either featured holes, or featured groups. You don't get to see anything else going off on the course. You do get scoreboard updates as the featured groups walk to their drives etc.
Not perfect, but I'm giving it a try for the month.

GOLFER1994

Head Pro
Visit site
Might have to take the plunge and give it a go as well ! Would love the sky sports channel but no way i can justify the cost unfortunately