GI irons?why make the game harder??

Roops

Head Pro
Visit site
Really? I thought JPX's were known for being very forgiving as well. I thought that was their main selling point in fact. Unless you're on about the forged version.

Yup, I have the forged version. The Ping's are G10's which are like cricket bats in comparison :)

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
There's really no need to act the buffoon simply because someone proved you wrong. :lol:

Proven wrong explain?

He thinks that an iron in a GI set spins less than the equivalent loft in a forged iron is a difference because the GI iron is stamped a 6 not a 7!

I give up.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Proven wrong explain?

He thinks that an iron in a GI set spins less than the equivalent loft in a forged iron is a difference because the GI iron is stamped a 6 not a 7!

I give up.
He sent you an article backing up his claims, plus he was comparing 7 iron to 7 iron not 7 to 6. It's not stamped with the wrong number it just has a different loft. And besides, after him posting the article you just resorted to flippancy which I guess is your default fall back position.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Flippancy or not the same degree of loft will be influneced by groove design not what is stamped on the sole of the club.

Hope that clears up my position.

:fore:

clarke_111

Medal Winner
Visit site
Surely the position of the CG will also have an impact on spin-even all other factors (loft) being equal. So a SGI with the weight pulled right back off the face will launch higher but spin less than a knife blade with the same loft (which will launch lower but soon more)? Of course this is also dependent on strike-so there lies the main issue for us h/c golfers

Whether you notice the difference as a player is a different matter

Jates12

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Well you better get your handicap down to justify your players irons.

Proven wrong explain?

I give up.

1. Are we all not trying to get our handicaps down anyway? But again, if you did any research or know anything whatsoever about equipment my irons are made and sold to my target market. Congratulations on making yourself look a total Richard Cranium.

2. That isn't what I've said. What I've said is that as lofts have got stronger in GI clubs, the spin rates on comparable irons have dropped. So when comparing apples and apples (7iron vs 7iron) the spin numbers in a GI iron is going to be lower than a players iron. Which is a test proved fact.