Getting handicap question

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
At our course it had to be with someone who had a handicap, the wording of the rule was that the cards had to be signed by "a responsible person acceptable to the handicap committe", this was clarified to me as anyone with membership and a handicap.

Garesfield ACE

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Nice one mate. Im joing arcot hall from 1st april. Might take a while to really get to know the course but also nice to move amd change!!

Arcot Hall up past Morpeth way?.Did you leave another club to join it?

I am at Goswick tomorrow my 1ST EVER proper competition at golf,works society thing.My 1st links course,am crapping it with nerves etc being new to golf

GeordieAggro80

Club Champion
Visit site
Arcot is just outside cramlington. Lovely course. Left parklands ehich is at the race course so its a nice step up.

Just enjoy tomorrow mate. Hopefully the weather will be good for you. Dont think touraments are all super serious and you have to worry. Chill out, take your time before shots and just enjoy the new course.

Sure youll be fine a second after you step off the first tee!!

Garesfield ACE

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Arcot is just outside cramlington. Lovely course. Left parklands ehich is at the race course so its a nice step up.

Just enjoy tomorrow mate. Hopefully the weather will be good for you. Dont think touraments are all super serious and you have to worry. Chill out, take your time before shots and just enjoy the new course.

Sure youll be fine a second after you step off the first tee!!

Well it went canny,nerves settled once I hit my 1st drive nicely right side of fairway,then lifted a 7 iron over large trees for my 2nd shot......the new lads i met were canny....gave help and bit confidence along the way.....it was still the shorter winter course but still tough for me.....me and my mate got 33 stableford points as a pair....i struggled a bit halfway through the round but pulled back late on.....never went out of bounds like the big hitters did.lol...that was a new experience for me seeing opponents hitting a lot of 275-300 yard drives....and 3 wood fairway shots of up to 200 yards..Goswickwas my 1st links course I liked it the ball flew on the fairways and greens were fast......looking forward to playing in the next society comp a week on wednesday..at my new course!

Garesfield ACE

Tour Rookie
Visit site
What I did take a bit of pride in was 'we' were meant to be off 22 (I havent got a club handicap yet ) maximum society handicap but were playing 'three quarter Stableford' rules so we were put at 17.....and the other pair (9 handicappers) were off 7.....so we had 10 shots on them whereas if it had been a normal golf club game I would have 19 shots off them???...yet they only beat us by 3 points....