General play cards

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
In this country as part of every general play round entered on the handicap app the player also uploads a photo of the physical completed scorecard
(so cross checking against a scorecard is possible on any submitted score)

Is that part of how the app(s) work in the UK ?
For the EG app you just enter your score and confirm it. An email then goes to the pp you have nominated for the round so that they confirm the score is correct. Once they confirm, it becomes live.

There is no need to take a picture of the card. The card is just a method of keeping note of the score, why duplicate the process?

Swango1980

Visit site
For the EG app you just enter your score and confirm it. An email then goes to the pp you have nominated for the round so that they confirm the score is correct. Once they confirm, it becomes live.

There is no need to take a picture of the card. The card is just a method of keeping note of the score, why duplicate the process?
Yeah, I think the MyEG App is pretty good. Especially if you are playing with the marker, as it must be pretty difficult to sign for the wrong score, as MyEG will warn you to check any differences first. So, you probably don't even need to check the final score, as you should both agree once those warning messages are dealt with (if they appear).

Has anyone used howdidido lately? I know it had a few changes a few months ago, but I think it is still pretty dodgy? Does the marker now have to formally accept the round, or is it still a case the player can say who the marker is, and they may never be aware of it (or have to validate the score)? Do other ISVs have a way of doing it, and are they any good? How are things done up in Scotland?

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site

Its just the Op was talking about checking and potential checks against card etc in their posts
Not really a duplication for us though as there's no email to the marker, its just enter e-score and include pic of actual card for possible check/or other validation

Re the email to marker, surely there's no need for that, isn't that just duplication since they already signed the card and you could just include a pic of their signature submitted with the e-card? ;)

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Its just the Op was talking about checking and potential checks against card etc in their posts
Not really a duplication for us though as there's no email to the marker, its just enter e-score and include pic of actual card for possible check/or other validation

Re the email to marker, surely there's no need for that, isn't that just duplication since they already signed the card and a pic of their signature was submitted with the e-card? ;)
Cheeky :LOL:

You sign with your finger on the app so still no need for the card. Presumably, someone will occasionally have to check the uploaded picture. No need if it is all digital. Let the computer take the strain (I may have lifted and corrupted this phrase from a 70's/80's advert :unsure:)

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yeah, I think the MyEG App is pretty good. Especially if you are playing with the marker, as it must be pretty difficult to sign for the wrong score, as MyEG will warn you to check any differences first. So, you probably don't even need to check the final score, as you should both agree once those warning messages are dealt with (if they appear).

Has anyone used howdidido lately? I know it had a few changes a few months ago, but I think it is still pretty dodgy? Does the marker now have to formally accept the round, or is it still a case the player can say who the marker is, and they may never be aware of it (or have to validate the score)? Do other ISVs have a way of doing it, and are they any good? How are things done up in Scotland?
Can you use the EG app to fill in a comp card or only a general play one? I know the card has to be returned for that still, so far......, but it saves queuing at the terminal. I know you can with the HDiD app but I like the EG one for it's simplicity.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Can you use the EG app to fill in a comp card or only a general play one? I know the card has to be returned for that still, so far......, but it saves queuing at the terminal. I know you can with the HDiD app but I like the EG one for it's simplicity.

EG is for General Play cards only.

We use IG and you can enter comp scores via their app.

Swango1980

Visit site
Comps are still done on howdidido. All physical cards submitted, so Comp Sec can still do their spot checks. Fair enough when prizes are at stake.

What is annoying about that is that, it used to be that the score could be electronically entered wither using the PSI screen or your phone. Now, however, we can only do so using the PSI terminal. I'm assuming this is a setting for competitions. Although, I think if players do general play rounds and use howdidido, if they sign in on PSI they must enter score on PSI, if they sign in on phone they must enter score on phone. It has caught out a lot of players who have played late in the evenings, signed in on PSI and then cannot enter score afterwards as clubhouse is closed. With no one to enter score for them, it can be days were they are potentially playing off the wrong handicap. Again, maybe a settings issue, not sure. I just stick to MyEG for GP rounds

D

Deleted member 15344

EG App is for general play cards only

Comps scores are via the Clubs ISV and a card must be returned either physical or via a picture using the ISV App

wjemather

Visit site
EG App is for general play cards only

Comps scores are via the Clubs ISV and a card must be returned either physical or via a picture using the ISV App
Many ISV apps (can) operate as electronic scorecards as they have built in attestation (similar to MyEG), so no need for physical cards (or photos of them) at all unless the committee wants to stick with them.

Mandofred

Visit site
I've just been sticking with the IG program since that is what the club pushes. It's a bit of a faff....if I am recording the groups scores I then have to pull out another clean card to record my scores again so I can take a pic of it. With my messy scribbling....having 4 scores on the same card...isn't good. One of the other guys that turns in cards a lot uses EG....I just get a confirmation request.

D

Deleted member 15344

I've just been sticking with the IG program since that is what the club pushes. It's a bit of a faff....if I am recording the groups scores I then have to pull out another clean card to record my scores again so I can take a pic of it. With my messy scribbling....having 4 scores on the same card...isn't good. One of the other guys that turns in cards a lot uses EG....I just get a confirmation request.

Just use the EG app ?‍♂️ No need to put the scores on another scorecard

Bobthesock

Visit site
Think I've only ever put one in just to see how the system works.
Play in comps most weeks so that's plenty of handicap qualifying rounds.

D

Deleted member 15344

Then you use one program for casual play and another for comps. And......you have to figure out who you play with has the EG app on their phones....a lot don't.

How do you put score cards in away from home ?‍♂️

Biggleswade Blue

Head Pro
Visit site
Am I right in thinking that if I enter a round on the IG app, there is no fomal way for my marker to attest my score other than the photograph of the signed card? Can't beleive anyone would spend any time checking the uploaded photos from General Play rounds!

I enetered a round at my home course via the EG app for the first time the other day. My partner attested my score (no photo needed), and it later showd up on the "handicap" tab of the IG app, but does not show up on the "Rounds" tab.

Mandofred

Visit site
How do you put score cards in away from home ?‍♂️
I don't. I tried once (as did that same guy mentioned earlier).....just too many hoops to jump through to make it worth it to us. I play away less than 10 times a year (I think), so not a big issue to me. It's about time for another reciprocal though....we get blocked A LOT from our own course. Really irritating.

Swango1980

Visit site
I don't. I tried once (as did that same guy mentioned earlier).....just too many hoops to jump through to make it worth it to us. I play away less than 10 times a year (I think), so not a big issue to me. It's about time for another reciprocal though....we get blocked A LOT from our own course. Really irritating.
If you had the MyEG App, there are no more hoops than playing on your home course. I appreciate that your friends may not have the App, and that was an issue for me in the early days of WHS. However, now, myself and all the guys I generally play with all have MyEG and know how to work it. It makes it so much easier to submit scores, especially from away courses (otherwise you'd have to keep physical cards, submit them at your home club and wait until someone processes them).