Ge 2017

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site

If its genuine it exposes a massive hole in Labour's plans. Where does a Labour govt find the money to buy back businesses like the Post Office? Oh, that's right. It intends to borrow its way out of debt... how does that work then? Borrow to get out of debt? I thought borrowing meant being in debt.

Wait, wait... higher taxation, especially businesses. But businesses retain their ratings by ensuring dividends are paid and their debt is serviced. Prices go up to ensure dividends are paid. But if prices go up, workers will demand bigger pay rises to pay for the more expensive goods. Oh we've been here before... anyone remember the fantastic pay rises of the mid/late 70's and early 80's? There were even pay rises mid year to try and keep up with inflation. Carnage!

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Strangely enough re-nationalising PO, Rail, Bus and Energy sound like very strong vote winners to the age group who mainly voted Leave.
Bring back capital punishment, the birch and national service and he would be on a sure fire winner.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Strangely enough re-nationalising PO, Rail, Bus and Energy sound like very strong vote winners to the age group who mainly voted Leave.
Bring back capital punishment, the birch and national service and he would be on a sure fire winner.
Not sure where you got that information from but on the up side, the Leavers have more sense and although it sounds like a good idea they know how big a drain on national finances these schemes would be.

Giving the public sector more money just means they will want more money.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Trying to suss out what colour the Labour Cabinet favour for the "Peoples' Suits" and whether the pocket for the Little Red Book is on the left or right?

Also, no mention of which of his friends he'd invite for tea at Number 10 first? Hamas or Hezbollah? We need to know this stuff! :D

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Also, no mention of which of his friends he'd invite for tea at Number 10 first? Hamas or Hezbollah? We need to know this stuff! :D

I get your point with this but let's say he invites them round and that leads to peace in the area then that would be an invitation that we would all be grateful was made. We managed peace in N.Ireland by talking to terrorists, Colombia has done the same, there are other examples around the world, how would this be different? I'd rather someone was talking to these organisations then the area just carried on simmering and exploding.

U

User62651

Why don't they just call this the Golf Monthly English Conservative Old Boys Golf Forum ?

Will find a more considered and balanced political debate elsewhere.

Utterly tedious here.:p

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Was being facetious... but those two organisation's definition of peace and successful outcome involves things that you wouldn't like very much. Corbyn referring to them "as friends" in that infamous speech tells me all I need to know

Whilst the Tories embrace and sell loads of arms to their 'friends' in Saudi Arabia. Double standards I am afraid.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Why don't they just call this the Golf Monthly English Conservative Old Boys Golf Forum ?

Will find a more considered and balanced political debate elsewhere.

Utterly tedious here.:p

Not just tedious.....worrying as well.
Anyone with a different view to UKIP/Tory/BNP is hounded and bullied off from here.
Brave new world eh!

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Anyone with a different view to UKIP/Tory/BNP is hounded and bullied off from here.
Brave new world eh!

I know and experience what you mean...:(

Except I'm not going to be bullied or put off by curt and superior dismissals. I can stand back if I so wish and picture the Gadarene mob, squealing and hurtling with ever-increasing ferocity for the cliff-edge. But some of us are not among them. Politics may be sour but how sweet it is to be on the right side of the argument.

Last edited:

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Brave new world eh!

Tosh different views doesn't mean people have UKIP/Tory or BNP views unlike the ultra extreme views of the SNP (very similar to BNP) Marxist and ultra federalist views expressed by the fishing party on here.