Gas and Leccy

Farneyman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Due to change tariff before the end of the year and after 2 years in my current property I have a good idea of average consumption in both Gas (500 meter units) and Leccy (5050 meter units)

Anyone know how I can turn these meter units into kWh so I can get a fair comparison when costing different suppliers?

I am keen to sort a 18-24 month deal so I have a fixed direct debit.

Also anyone here use different suppliers for both or is the best deals through dual fuel?

Cheers

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Don't you have an online account that gives you your usage in kWH?

Usual dual fuel gives you the best deals. I'm happy with British Gas for dual fuel and I get free electricity from 9-5 on Sunday on an 18 month deal. If you go to their web site you can get a quote. You do need smart meters fitted but they came around within 4 days of me asking.

351DRIVER

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Don't you have an online account that gives you your usage in kWH?

Usual dual fuel gives you the best deals. I'm happy with British Gas for dual fuel and I get free electricity from 9-5 on Sunday on an 18 month deal. If you go to their web site you can get a quote. You do need smart meters fitted but they came around within 4 days of me asking.

Dual fuel will give you the best option from ONE supplier.
Unless things have changed, you are generally better going with gas from electric company and electric from Gas company... odd but true.. over a period of 2 years, the difference will almost certainly be almost zero as they walk their prices forward one after the other, the norm is the electric company puts their electric up FIRST and the GAS does the same,hence the slight advantage over time if you go the opposite way, who is cheapest today is not relevant to this strategy working over time. (I was a rep for several years)

And everyone should ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS do the maths as the Yanks say, you can set a payment up at anything, does not mean it is not running you into debt

NOTE, i said UNLESS THINGS HAVE CHANGED, which they may have

Last edited:

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
I used Money saving expert too
moved from Eon to Flow energy paying £70 a month less than I was

Is that on actual usage? If so that is a huge saving. So many companies hook you in with low start up DD's. I have yet to find a supplier that will save us more than a couple of quid a year based on actual usage.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
yes based on actual meter readings before we changed, been with them nearly a year and using pretty much the same energy.

admit to not moving before as I thought it was going to be a faff, actually it was easy

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I have been with First Utility dual for a few years now and have just taken a long term deal to January 2020 @ £60 per month.

It is a 4 bed house,although only 2 of us around, and we are away quite often.

The service is exemplary.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
I used Money saving expert too
moved from Eon to Flow energy paying £70 a month less than I was

Wow that's scary, I'm with Eon and my entire monthly bill for duel fuel is less than the amount you saved by switching.

I guess it's the differnce in house energy ratings. We have solar heated hot water and the house rating is on the A/B boarder.

My new house is B but has photovoltaic rathet than hot water solar.

Hopefully it's still as cheap.